ad: vanity

The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. KQ4MM

KQ4MM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting photos Jim, I was able to find my old house in North Biloxi, didn't appear to be to much damage that far off the back bay. And I totally under stand on the "unpaid for relatives" deal, I try to nip that in the bud these days saying things like I only really understand the "Big Iron" and UNIX operating system, if they persist I tell them to buy a MAC .. LOL

2. N0TZU

N0TZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's my operating position, slowly acquired since about 1995.

HF radios are a Heathkit SB-102, Elecraft K3-100 with P3, and Icom 751A. A Kenwood 732A and a Kenwood TH D-72 are used for 2m/70cm FM. Each radio has it's own microphone and the K3 can use either the Yamaha headset or swing lamp boom. The thrift store speakers on the wall are used with the K3 in binaural mode, while the other radios use their own speakers. Although I'm very rusty at code, each radio has a key. A classic Speed-X for the SB-102, Bencher BY-2 for the K3, and an old style triangular Brass Racer for the 751A.

12V DC Power is provided by a 50 AH AGM battery backed by an Astron RS-35A (RS-20M also available). The Mac Mini computer, display and desk light also have backup power as does the internet access and router.

The main HF antenna is a remotely tuned wire vertical on a fiberglass mast, with remotely switched loading coils for 80 and 160m. There is also a two-wire fan dipole that is manually tuned in the shack for 80, 60 and 40m NVIS operation. Maybe someday I'll put in a tower and beam, a low band receiving antenna and also explore weak signal VHF.

[​IMG]

WB0MPB, WA7PRC, KC8VWM and 1 other person like this.
  3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And 25 years later you are a Mac user. Smart man!

5. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I like that, simple and neat! Do you use that combo together much?

6. KM4JTA

KM4JTA Ham Member QRZ Page

Only one gun?? but have you not heard those dang Russians are coming, they are everywhere:D

7. W5ACC

W5ACC Ham Member QRZ Page

Not much but it's all payed for. .

8. N2IIE

N2IIE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Photobucket is now charging to host pictures and using them on other websites. They want $399 a year to you to use your own pictures for 3rd party hosting. So I will upload my station from a new site. Cubeupload dot com

[​IMG]

WD4IGX likes this.
  9. W5ACC

W5ACC Ham Member QRZ Page

20170703_144508.jpg

WD4IGX likes this.
  10. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice. I love those old Yaesu's. They look like old cars with a lot of chrome and bling!