ad: KF7PMW-1

The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K0BG

K0BG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

2. AA8IA

AA8IA Subscriber QRZ Page

That's a beautiful room / layout for ham radio. I've almost always had my shack in a basement dungeon. Being in a naturally bright room (white paint, not block walls) with natural sunlight and with an overall lighter-colored theme I think is best. I can tell you that I'd feel much more motivated / energized during a contest operating from your shack than mine, nevermind the difference in radios.

Very nice job.

Mike

3. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you. I've done the basement dungeon thing and much prefer having windows. My last radio room was on the second floor with multi-band dipole antennas in the attic ( thanks to HOA restrictions ). Now I live on 15 acres and it's nice to be able to look out the window and see the wildlife getting acquainted with my antennas. I'm still arranging things ( and seeing what I can glean from the other radio room pictures ). I'm right-handed, but I've just learned to type ( log entries ) with my left hand so I can operate and take notes with my right hand. Now I just need a major CW contest to see how well things work.

4. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you. I've done the basement dungeon thing and much prefer having windows. My last radio room was on the second floor with multi-band dipole antennas in the attic ( thanks to HOA restrictions ). Now I live on 15 acres and it's nice to be able to look out the window and see the wildlife getting acquainted with my antennas. I'm still arranging things ( and seeing what I can glean from the other radio room pictures ). I'm right-handed, but I've just learned to type ( log entries ) with my left hand so I can operate and take notes with my right hand. Now I just need a major CW contest to see how well things work.

5. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

@G4OTU one of my hobbies is reading and learning about WW2 history. I downloaded your book about the Christchurch Aerodrome.

6. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay I rearranged some of the dust and here is my shack....

[​IMG]
    Test equipment and my IC-745, preferred HF radio.
    [​IMG]
    The other end of the desk. With Oscar in his place of honor, Oscar is still undergoing rehab.
    [​IMG]
    My computer and monitor with the 64Oz jug of freasly filtered water.

7. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Not fancy, it works for me

image.jpg

DW3TRZ and W7CJD like this.
  8. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mine after the addition of the IC-9100

100_1406.JPG

Even changed a bit since then with an upgrade to LED clocks and addition of 2 AS-419 and a AS-419W Bandpasser Bandpass filters and a controller for the BigIR vertical with 80M coil.

And this picture only covers half the station.

DW3TRZ, N9CAV, W5KUL and 1 other person like this.
  9. KC9VFO

KC9VFO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you sir. :) I use electric heat in the Winter months but it stays comfortable into November without heat. I am going to have to eventually have a natural gas line ran out here and install a furnace.

10. W7JZE

W7JZE QRZ Lifetime Member #84 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Shack area is set up on a small desk built into the dining area.

The old Swan equipment currently hooked up (750cx-16B & Mark II amp) is a pretty clean setup at the moment... But...

The walls are quite the mess. I need to un-pin some of that stuff!

Home Patterson Shack-DSCN3366-Smaller yet.jpg

No ANT tuner needed. Resonant 40 meter dipoles of various types up about 20 feet. Will add some 20 meter wires before summer is gone.

DW3TRZ and KD7KCP like this.