The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N0PWB

N0PWB Guest

shack.JPG

Happy bedroom closet / shack view...

N0PWB / N0 Party Without Beer

73's

DW3TRZ, KG5CMS, AB4GA and 3 others like this.
  2. N8CM

N8CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Minimalism for me.

photo(1).JPG

DW3TRZ, KD7KCP and K4LKY like this.
  3. W5WAY

W5WAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Not only must it be, it does so seemingly automatically.

4. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

The latest iteration of the radio bench, only about a week into it so far, and don't have much of it cabled up yet. Took all the test gear and put on a facing bench with about four feet between
    .[​IMG]

DW3TRZ, AE7BT, N9CAV and 2 others like this.
  5. NY7N

NY7N Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's the NY7N Superstation in all its glory...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And by "glory," I mean "hilarity." Not pictured - identical twin Omni-C sitting off to the side on a shelf - my dad's old one. It's actually in every way in better shape than mine, except it's only putting out 50w, so I need to get that fixed. Then I'll relegate the current one to parts radio status.

It is pretty fun operating a station where everything in it is roughly as old as me. I feel the rig understands me when I make random pop culture references. :eek:

N9CAV and K4RKY like this.
  6. G4OTU

G4OTU Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

DW3TRZ, AB4GA and MI0YLT like this.
  7. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

II

I assume you have some source of heat in there....after all, it's 50 degrees in Wisconsin this last weekend of July. Looks like you have provided for all the necessities of life in there....the clear winner by far! :)

8. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here it is as it was about 8 months ago:

[​IMG]

The TS480 is now on mobile duty and its slot has been replaced with an Elecraft K3/100 (which reminds me, I have to update my QRZ bio page). The TM721a pictured has been given to my mother to get her back on the air after almost 15 years away. That has been replaced with a TM-D710a. Added a few days ago is a Yaesu FT-101E with matching remote VFO. That will earn a spot on the main desk once I finish checking it out and making sure there are no weak links. The 440 has been moved to the other side from where it is pictured and is still a great rig that I use regularly.

My travel "shack" (it was decoding gibberish at the time of the pic):

[​IMG]

DW3TRZ likes this.
  9. N4AYZ

N4AYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

That HQ-170 is one good-looking radio. I hope you can get it operational.

W7GTG likes this.
  10. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've only had it for about a week but I have removed all the broken glass and I am planning on replacing the broken tubes and re-installing a few other "loose" components; otherwise it looks to be in pretty good shape. The seller should have removed the tubes and packed them separately; sometimes Fedex can be rough, especially on something that weighs this much. Glad the HA-10 was a local pick-up! Haven't had this much fun in a long time.

Great thread. Lot's of very nice-looking shacks.