ad: Radclub22-1

The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
  1. G0TNU

G0TNU Ham Member QRZ Page

Down on the beach working the DX i hope !

I envy you !

MW7OFS likes this.
  2. MW7OFS

MW7OFS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish , but saying that i do have an ic 705 on my shopping list .

3. G0TNU

G0TNU Ham Member QRZ Page

See what Santa brings!

4. OH3CBT

OH3CBT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My mancave in home

Attached Files:

M7CGA, WD4ELG, N6HCM and 6 others like this.
  5. KD2ULF

KD2ULF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Love that vintage decorum. There is something to be said about the warm feel of a shack.

W4SEX likes this.
  6. K5BOU

K5BOU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Post your ham shack pictures...

7. M7CGA

M7CGA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well mine is only a little setup as I will be moving on to a Narrowboat to float around the UK Canal System & Rivers So will be limited for space..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    VK6APZ, VK6HIL, KQ9J and 8 others like this.
  8. N9JCQ

N9JCQ Ham Member QRZ Page

My Home/Office. I get to sneak radio time when I am not on calls. My favorite thing is listening to the guys here in the midwest on 3.880 AM in the mornings.[​IMG]

VK6APZ, AD5HR, W7UUU and 6 others like this.
  9. SM6GXV

SM6GXV Ham Member QRZ Page

My home office (As a retiree I still do some consultant work) but have been able to put some amateur radio equipment
    in my home lab. Not the most comfortable operating position as shown on the upper picture. All rigs are second hand except for the IC-9700.
    To the right is a HP5065A Rb frequency standard that was purchased by my last employer about 1969. The instrument was shown to me
    when visiting the Onsala Space observatory when I was about 13 years old and in school. 40 years later, as an employee at the observatory,
    I found it amongst the scrap waiting to be recycled and was given permit to salvage it. Now it has been repaired with a new Rb Cavity and
    has been once again comissioned, this time in my home lab. The second picture is the lab bench. Current project is a power supply for 4CX tubes.

GXV1.JPG GXV2.JPG

VE9GJ, KJ5T, KD2UHD and 7 others like this.
  10. W0AZ

W0AZ Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Years ago, I set aside my Kenwood TS-440SAT that had become "squirrely". It had not developed either the dreaded "dot problem" or the button bounce (and still hasn't), but it had become intermittent on both transmit and receive. By then, I'd acquired a Yaesu FT-1000MP and didn't really need it in order to operate. Subsequently, I added an Icom IC-7300 - so on a shelf in the garage it continued to sit.

Yesterday I finally got around to opening it up to take a look. I figured, why not exercise the board connectors for a start before looking for anything more serious. Well damn if that didn't do the trick!

So I've put it back in service on the operating desk. I bought it from my Elmer (W9KV, SK) many years ago when he upgraded to a TS-850S. I was upgrading from a Yaesu FT-101E. Because it was my Elmer's, and because the Kenwood is the radio I completed my first 100 for DXCC with, the 440 has a very special place in my heart. I'm very happy to have it working again and back on my desk.

Thought I might share a photo of the shack with the 440 in place!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    VK6APZ, M7CGA, KJ5T and 5 others like this.