ad: MonitorSens-1

The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Finally have the new shack computer going and the FT-1000 up and going back to the dark side working a little FT-8 after fussing with FSK again in prep for NAQP RTTY.

2021_0716_00070400.jpg

VK6HNM, WD5GWY, VK6APZ and 7 others like this.
  2. KT4PH

KT4PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would love to show my shack but I can't get the picture off my phone since its USB port no longer works. The shack consists of a power supply, an Kenwood TM-731 which appears to no longer transmit audio but it does transmit carrier and PL tones since I can "bonk" several local repeaters. It's connect to a Comet GP-1 that sits outside my sunroom and enters the shack through a comet adapter that allows you to close the door or window without crimping anything (pretty neat device and cheap on Amazon) and then connects to another piece of RG-8 and then to the radio. All of this resides on an old fold-up TV tray. I think of it as my Charlie Brown Xmas tree shack!

VK6APZ, N4XRD, W7TCT and 1 other person like this.
  3. SA6CKE

SA6CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's now a true radio shack since I have now had some QSOs from there. Only FT8 though, but whatever.
    IMG_20210718_150642_small.jpg

VK6APZ, KA2CZU, W7UUU and 8 others like this.
  4. KD9MPK

KD9MPK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Work in progress- converting my old toolshed into a ham shack. If you had not noticed, the ham eq has replaced all the tools! Now, just need to re-finish the bench surface and well, add more ham eq...

[​IMG]

KD2ULF, 2E0DID, PU2OZT and 6 others like this.
  5. KT4PH

KT4PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

20210722_072117.jpg

My "Charlie Brown" shack. I guess that's what I get for being out of the hobby for nigh on 20 years! :-(

W1BR, KD9MPK, KJ5T and 3 others like this.
  6. SM7EQL

SM7EQL Ham Member QRZ Page

Radio room with FT1000 transceiver plus homebrew 28/144 MHz transverter and 500 W power amplifier. FT1000MP MKV Field and homebrew 4 x 813 GG HF power amplifier 1 kW output. SDR receiver Winradio G33DCC.

1.jpg

My second radio room built in vintage style equipped with WWII surplus as BC348, BC312, BC611 etc , ITT and Standard Radio marine radio transmitters from the 60s and Telefunken 125 W spark gap transmitter for 500 kHz made in 1926. Collins, Drake, Johnson, Hallicrafters radios plus a collection of homebrew tube receivers and X-tal transmitters. Not many transistors in this room and no computers. The Drake C-Line from the 70s still going strong. All radios are fully restored and in working condition.

2.jpg

VE2IHS, KD2ULF, W9RAC and 17 others like this.
  7. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally finished the new home-office / shack this morning! All that is left is to clean off the desk and move the radios back in. The carpet was naaaaassty after a year and a half of working at home with all 5 dogs laying around at my feet all day.. so I decided a vinyl floor would be easier to keep clean and would not retain dog stank. The room got new floor, new paint for walls and trim, and later this week my electrician buddy is going to come remove the ceiling fan and install a bunch of pot lights, to make it final-final.

Just have to get used to the echo now. Hah.

[​IMG]

KA2CZU, VK6APZ, 2E0DID and 7 others like this.
  8. MW7OFS

MW7OFS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Pretty basic but works for me. IMG_20210814_190850_626.jpg

VK6HNM, KD9MPK and KT4PH like this.
  9. G0TNU

G0TNU Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations on the callsign & welcome to the hobby.
    Hope you continue with the learning, Its a great hobby & it looks like you're in a fine location to work DX.

MW7OFS likes this.
  10. MW7OFS

MW7OFS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I used to do a lot of 11m stuff 20 plus years ago . But now there's more than one band I can play with . The contacts I've done so far I'm chuffed to bits with . 6w and 7m of wire on a fishing pole .

WD4ELG likes this.