The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Left-3
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Finally have the new shack computer going and the FT-1000 up and going back to the dark side working a little FT-8 after fussing with FSK again in prep for NAQP RTTY.

2021_0716_00070400.jpg

VK6APZ, W7UUU, KD9MPK and 5 others like this.
  2. KT4PH

KT4PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would love to show my shack but I can't get the picture off my phone since its USB port no longer works. The shack consists of a power supply, an Kenwood TM-731 which appears to no longer transmit audio but it does transmit carrier and PL tones since I can "bonk" several local repeaters. It's connect to a Comet GP-1 that sits outside my sunroom and enters the shack through a comet adapter that allows you to close the door or window without crimping anything (pretty neat device and cheap on Amazon) and then connects to another piece of RG-8 and then to the radio. All of this resides on an old fold-up TV tray. I think of it as my Charlie Brown Xmas tree shack!

VK6APZ, N4XRD, W7TCT and 1 other person like this.
  3. SA6CKE

SA6CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's now a true radio shack since I have now had some QSOs from there. Only FT8 though, but whatever.
    IMG_20210718_150642_small.jpg

VK6APZ, KA2CZU, W7UUU and 8 others like this.
  4. KD9MPK

KD9MPK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Work in progress- converting my old toolshed into a ham shack. If you had not noticed, the ham eq has replaced all the tools! Now, just need to re-finish the bench surface and well, add more ham eq...

[​IMG]

VK6APZ, KD2UHD, KA2CZU and 3 others like this.
  5. KT4PH

KT4PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

20210722_072117.jpg

My "Charlie Brown" shack. I guess that's what I get for being out of the hobby for nigh on 20 years! :-(

KJ5T, W9LRM, SA6CKE and 1 other person like this.
  6. SM7EQL

SM7EQL Ham Member QRZ Page

Radio room with FT1000 transceiver plus homebrew 28/144 MHz transverter and 500 W power amplifier. FT1000MP MKV Field and homebrew 4 x 813 GG HF power amplifier 1 kW output. SDR receiver Winradio G33DCC.

1.jpg

My second radio room built in vintage style equipped with WWII surplus as BC348, BC312, BC611 etc , ITT and Standard Radio marine radio transmitters from the 60s and Telefunken 125 W spark gap transmitter for 500 kHz made in 1926. Collins, Drake, Johnson, Hallicrafters radios plus a collection of homebrew tube receivers and X-tal transmitters. Not many transistors in this room and no computers. The Drake C-Line from the 70s still going strong. All radios are fully restored and in working condition.

2.jpg

SA6CKE, PD2R, SE3X and 7 others like this.