The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

IMG_20210611_221928.jpg

The new home office which doubles as my shack is by no means done but I thought I would share a photo of the progress. Progress has been slow, my FT-1000 is still in South Texas. The home office is shared with my wife so she has the corner of the room behind me in the photo, she rarely sits at a desk to use her computer so I did get the bulk of the office for my hobbies.

The built in withe the mac is my work computer for my day job, I like having that separate area as opposed to when I was at the apartment and worked from the same desk with my personal computers.

Eventual plan will be to build a desk topper for the radios to go under and the monitors to go on top, also need to start getting wallpaper up on the walls, for now I am happy with the space and have the KX2 hooked up for my radio enjoyment.

W3ATV, N0VFJ and N4MXZ like this.
  3. K4EMF

K4EMF Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham Shack.jpg New TS-890S and rearranged the equipment.

VK6HNM, PD2R, W2JKT and 10 others like this.
  4. N4CAX

N4CAX Ham Member QRZ Page

179346385_781076429450199_3297631377353231178_n.jpg

VK6HNM, W1BR, PD2R and 7 others like this.
  5. KI5QMP

KI5QMP Ham Member QRZ Page

This is my favorite. It should be in a "name that photo" contest.

6. WJ4VA

WJ4VA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just put the FTM-400 in the new ride, probably the easiest install I have ever done. Radio body mounted behind a pull off panel in a storage compartment in the rear cargo area. Mount was secured to an existing stud and wire directly to the battery which is under the lift up cargo compartment floor. Control/Mic/Speaker cables routed under trim and up to the front, mic cable under the seat and control goes up to the control head mounted on a vent mount. Speaker mounted on the B Pillar. When not in use the mic is stored in center console. Used a lip mount for the antenna on the rear hatch, quick check with VNA shows SWR well below 2.o at both VHF and UHF.
    IMG_2131.jpeg
    IMG_2132.jpeg
    IMG_2133.jpeg
    IMG_2134.jpeg
    IMG_2135.jpeg IMG_2136.jpeg
    IMG_2129.jpeg

N3FAA, W3ATV, PD2R and 8 others like this.
  7. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Got about 1/5th of the way done renovating my ham shack / work-at-home office. Being semi-permanent work at home I needed to do away with the nasty carpet. Got the main floor done today. Will do the closets tomorrow and then fix all the drywall defects, paint, and re-install trim. I'm going to go with a less yellow color paint, more brown/tan.

The new floor is 6mm LVP with a 0.020 wear surface to survive my 5 dogs. So far I really like it, and now that the carpet is gone, my mechanical keyboard reverberates through the room with every keystroke. It's great!

[​IMG]

KI5QMP, W7TCT, N4MXZ and 2 others like this.
  8. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My low power, 21Mhz, field day shack!

PD2R, VK6APZ and N4MXZ like this.
  9. KF9VV

KF9VV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My simple shack.

707E9871-A467-444D-AD2F-CB7E9F45980D.jpeg

KD9MPK, W3ATV, N4MXZ and 4 others like this.
  10. KO4DNI

KO4DNI Ham Member QRZ Page

Still on the porch, but since I’ve upgraded I figured I’d throw it in.

Attached Files:

KD9MPK, SA6CKE, KA2CZU and 2 others like this.