The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VK6APZ

VK6APZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And yes there is more, plus as new TS520s i picked up a couple of years ago owned by a little old lady.
    And lots of spare ones for parts if needed.
    6apz part shack.JPG

K2XT, W3ATV, PU2OZT and 1 other person like this.
  2. W8CGS

W8CGS Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is mine!
    I've been moved from the spare bedroom because its time for the wife and I to turn it into a nursery for our first child coming soon. I moved into my closet. It's not as cramped as I was thinking it would be though. Ham plate has my original callsign. Shack stack from top to bottom: custom built PC with Ryzen 5 2600X, GTX 1650 Super, 32 GB DDR4 RAM; Yaesu FTM-400XDR, old cellphone for Echolink duties, Yaesu FT-450D, Samlex SEC-1235M power supply. Also a Yaesu FT3D as my main HT as well as 2 Yaesu FT-4XR backup HTs.
    PXL_20210225_004653475.MP.jpg

W3ATV, VK6APZ, KR2C and 5 others like this.
  3. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

BS

4. VK6APZ

VK6APZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They may not be in your county , but here they say everyone is in dept by about 30 grand due to credit cards.

5. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a shame, how does one ever recover from that?
    I drive old vehicles. I have a paid off home only because I moved from a pricey state to one that cost of living is 47% less and I sold my house of 25 years for way more than I paid for it. And houses where I live now are 1/3 the cost.
    All my radio gear I bought were fixer uppers and I did a lot of horse trading for a decade. Now I have a IC7410 and a flagpole for a vertical. My computer was a recycled laptop a friend built from a bunch of old laptops his company was going to recycle.
    So no credit cards here.

W3ATV and VK6APZ like this.
  6. KL2WX

KL2WX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Go shack and home shack builds in progress...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

K2XT likes this.
  7. KN4XJ

KN4XJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Got mine from Navepoint too. Are you supporting the back corners of the shelves? IMG_20200823_122641.jpg

PD2R, PC1MH, K2XT and 7 others like this.
  8. K8JLW

K8JLW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are those just old smartphones showing your current and UTC? Very neat shack!!

VK6APZ likes this.
  9. KL2WX

KL2WX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not supporting the rear of the shelves. I'm not close to 50% of the weight limit and don't have any noticeable sag. I'd have to do something if I had heavy amps or batteries up there. The rack is ok for the money, but it's no Chatsworth.

10. KN4XJ

KN4XJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes they are and thanks. I used to have an old tablet showing the Grey line but the battery decided to double in size almost overnight so it went bye bye.

AB2YC likes this.