The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

W7TCT likes this.
  2. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KJ6ZOL

KJ6ZOL Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to announce that a photo of my shack with description is visible on my QRZ page.

4. KJ6ZOL

KJ6ZOL Ham Member QRZ Page

Graymarks were sold to high schools and colleges as training tools, IIRC. Back then it was common for American students to learn the basics of electronics. Today, students in China routinely learn electronics with MW transistor radio kits; the kits can be found on Ebay. Meanwhile, American students learn Mary Has Three Mommies and the basics of "social justice".

WD4IGX, K5ABB and W0AQ like this.
  5. KE8IWM

KE8IWM Ham Member QRZ Page

"Rabbit hole" is right. I wasn't able to resist.

W7TCT likes this.
  6. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

It's the outdoors half of my shack, but it's finally coming together. Antenna mast is upright for the first time.

As soon as my goodies from DXEngineering arrive, I will lower it, return it to the shop and install the antennas and cables before it goes up again.

IMG_20201108_131725702 resized.jpg

W3ATV, K5ABB, W1BR and 2 others like this.
  7. KD0ETC

KD0ETC Ham Member QRZ Page

today's ham shack at Hartley Park

Attached Files:

W7TCT, N0VFJ and W9AFB like this.
  8. WJ4VA

WJ4VA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Putting my mobile shack back together after I was able to revive the IC-7000 with a new logic board. Last time I ran HF mobile was 14 yrs ago with an Alinco DX-70. Have everything done except the antenna, waiting on a hitch mount from Tarheel and the next trip back to WV where I have the actual antenna stored. Ordered the ABS sheet stock from Amazon and made the plate for the control head, Antenna control switch and a Jack for a key.
    IMG_1810.jpeg IMG_1792.jpeg

W3ATV, AE7LP and W7TCT like this.
  9. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Man, that sounds like a killer shack in anyone's book. And, as I see a Sync setup, it is a Ford vehicle (sedan?) and, thus, highly likely to be very comfortable for the operator.... Nice.

10. WJ4VA

WJ4VA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, Fusion Hybrid....we shall see what the RFI is like but a test with MP-1 in the driveway it didn't seem horrible...