The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. W3AMT

W3AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is my shack. I use only boat anchors no rice boxes for me! I like gear that I can restore and repair. I sold my Collins S Line and only Do AM now.

Attached Files:

VK6APZ, KA2CZU and W4SEX like this.
  2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I like rice

3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

With some of that spicy red sauce and a dash of soy. Chicken broth works too.

W4IOA likes this.
  4. W7FAL

W7FAL Ham Member QRZ Page

My current shack, about to be torn down to move thanks to the soon to be X-XYL

[​IMG]

VK6APZ, W3ATV, N4MTB and 4 others like this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

At least you get to keep the gear, unlike other poor souls. Sorry about your circumstance. :(

N4MTB likes this.
  6. W7FAL

W7FAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. Probably going to have to sell a bit off, most of my tools will have to go as well to fund a move out of town. Going to start listing smaller items this weekend :(

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

If those tools are how you earn your vittles, I would reconsider. Been there, done that.

Sorry about your circumstances.

8. KL7JL

KL7JL Ham Member QRZ Page

This is my truck. 20200731_142102.jpg

VK6APZ, W3ATV, W5ESE and 2 others like this.
  9. PD2R

PD2R Ham Member QRZ Page

That s#cks man. I feel for you. Hopefully you will at least be able to get good money for the items you need to sell.

All of a sudden, my story doesn’t sound so bad anymore. I had build a nice little shack in the garage with a nice wooden desk specially build for amateur radio. Also a nice entry point for the coax and rotor cables. I was my little “ham cave”. Then the wife decided to start her own business with a laser engraving machine. She needed the garage including my shack :(.
    I got her office on the first floor instead but she still needs almost all of the cabinet space for all her stuf. Although the room is bigger, it doesn’t have a nice desk for amateur radio and I need to find another way to route all my cables. It just doesn’t feel as nice as my little “ham cave” did. Another downside is that the new “shack” is right next to our 3 year old daughter’s bedroom so no more phone QSO’s after bedtime... Fortunately I know the code because I don’t like digital modes.

Oh well, at least I still have a shack and I get to keep all my stuf. Furthermore the wife is happy and and a happy wife = a happy life ;)

10. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

The W4IOA compound shack as of now. More than likely the final iteration besides perhaps a newer laptop sometime in the future. Basically a return to simplicity. 20200813_131541.jpg

W3ATV, W5ESE, KA2CZU and 1 other person like this.