The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Recently added to my shack. Hallicrafters SX-100 which I currently have paired up with a Drake TR-4 as the transmitter. Searching for a suitable transmitter.

I purchased a Ranger which needs some TLC, a good friend of mine will take a look at it and see if it can be revived.

So for now the TR-4 does the trick. I use it on the RCVE mode, it transmits and mutes the SX-100 and supplies the antenna feed to the SX-100. IMG_3699.JPG

W3ATV, WW2PT, G3ZPF and 4 others like this.
  2. WD8DCS

WD8DCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WOW!!!
    WHAT A GREAT LOOKING STATION!!!!

3. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

4CB124D4-1218-4E44-B0C7-EF8CC7CF11C7.jpeg

I’ve gone through the Wall Of Radios phase a few times over the years. Yeah, it looks cool, but I always grow tired of looking at all the old gear that I never even use anymore. So I recently decided to scale back. I moved my main radios (K3 and KX2) from the office’s main desk to my little reading nook. The radios are on a bookshelf, the paddles sit on the arm of the chair, the mic...crap, I haven’t seen the mic in a couple of years! No computer other than an iPad that I use for manual logging (with RUMlog, no connection to radios). It’s a small, cozy space, a throwback to when I was a kid making “forts” out cushions and cardboard boxes to hide away with my DX-160 and listen to the world.

W3ATV, KC1NY, G3ZPF and 7 others like this.
  4. W4SEX

W4SEX Ham Member QRZ Page

Just made it through all 131 pages of this thread thanks for everyone who participated. But it is quite depressing seeing lots of hams with multiple HF rigs when I'm living on Social Security income and do not have money for a HF rig. Something is really wrong with this Society

5. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very comfortable looking place. I would be interested to know how you route your coax to your antennas. Is that bookshelf on an exterior wall where you ran a cable outlet or conduit with a ground available? I love the space. Nice.

6. KR2C

KR2C Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's quite the collection of books, Congrats!

7. WW2PT

It’s actually four bookcases stacked 2x2, and the whole thing divides my office/shack in half. My desk is on the opposite side of it, and the back to one of the bookcases (the one with the K3) has been removed so I have access to the rear of the radio for cables from the desk side. The coax goes to a Delta-4 switch (to choose radios), and the main coax, ground wire, and control cables come in through an MFJ coax pass-through panel mounted in a window next to my desk.

Mostly history, sci-fi, and astronomy books. All the radio and electronics books are on the other side of the shelves. Got a few thousand ebooks in my collection. Much easier to deal with whenever we move. ;)

W7TCT likes this.
  8. WW2PT

I always try to be thankful for what I have, even when it isn’t much. I don’t begrudge others who have more because I recognize most of them got it by making better life choices than I did.

W9PFS, KK0L, K5EMG and 8 others like this.
  9. W9CQG

W9CQG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Shack2019.jpg VintageDrakeTR7_L7_and_TR5_etc_.jpg My shack at my home in Canada. Still some re-arranging to do. I have to jump on the bandwagon...while I like to run my Drake gear...the IC 7300 is now my radio of choice.
    Shack2019.jpg

W3ATV, WW2PT and G3ZPF like this.
  10. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Shack.jpg

Fall 2019. Relocated entire shack to an unused downstairs bedroom. All feedlines go through a wall plate into an fiberglass entry box with a copper ground plate from KF7P Metalwerks. Shields and control lines are all grounded and everything is tied back to the power company ground. I opted for a simple but functional operating position. I still have all my old rigs; I set them up one at a time on a side table when I want to operate one of them. I watch deer, turkeys, foxes and other wildlife from the window while operating. :)

W3ATV, WW2PT, W9CQG and 1 other person like this.