ad: Prosistel-1

The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
  1. AG5CK

AG5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

Been there. At one time I was using a tiny corner desk from Walmart. After that was a wobbly ikea desk. I never could find the right one so I decided to build it.

WZ7U likes this.
  2. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's mine hope you like it >>>>

Attached Files:

KI7RPM likes this.
  3. G4OBB

4. G4OBB

Here's mine ....

Attached Files:

N0VFJ, KC2YMO and N4MTB like this.
  5. KN4XJ

KN4XJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I spent many years in a cube. I bet it makes a nice shack. Retired now so if you need any of the picture hooks for the fabric panel send me an envelope I have a few here I have no use for.

KN4XJ
    Frank

6. G3ZPF

G3ZPF Subscriber QRZ Page

I spotted something in 'new Scientist' magazine that may cause a re-think about messy shacks.....

-----------------------------
    Kathleen Vohs at the University of Minnesota showed in 2013 that people’s ideas are more creative and interesting when they are working in a messy room.

Two years later, Bob Fennis and Jacob Wiebenga at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands showed a messy environment helps people focus on reaching clear, well-defined goals.
    ----------------------------

Its official !! Messy is cool.

WZ7U likes this.
  7. KD6RF

KD6RF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this fluff....

We always see cats sitting on radios - here's one of our Butter-Birdie sitting on my favorite linear amplifier, the HA-14.

Birdie found the warm spot, and is blowing the whistle on me - letting everyone know that I cheated and fired up the amplifier to complete an FT8 QSO to some far away QTH .... :eek::eek::eek: ....

( I almost ALWAYS use 50 Watts for FT8 - I swear !!! )

[​IMG]

WB5THT, WZ7U and G3ZPF like this.
  8. KC8UD

KC8UD Ham Member QRZ Page

My shack fits in my shirt pocket. HF 80 - 40 - 30 20 meters. Reliable contacts from my tent.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

73 - KC8UD

WB5THT and G3ZPF like this.
  9. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I know it's not much these radios get the job done ( Motorola XTS 5000R lll VHF & Motorola XTS 5000R UHF) . I use both for P25 digital I'm not much of a fan or talker on regular FM analog. The computer is the following a custom built online gaming computer the microphone on the Rode microphone boom is the Audio Technica AT2035 microphone that works really well for gaming and blogs. The webcam on my Viotek 34" monitor is a Logitech Brio 4k which is a very nice for online gaming. The blue dongle stick is a RTL2832U that I use for ADS-B airplane spotting via DUMP1090, PlanePlotter, Virtual Radar Server and MilAirComs the chair is a very nice DX Racer king series with neck and spine cushions. The speakers are the Bose companion 5 speakers put some great music sound. The headphones are the Sennheiser HD650 headphones which are awesome. The keyboard is a Corsair K70 gaming keyboard and the mouse is a Corsair Glave.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    W7TCT likes this.
  10. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe we need a dedicated ham bird thread? ;)

KD6RF likes this.