ad: ProAudio-1

The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N4MTB

N4MTB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great looking console!!

2. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

awesome

3. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice work!

4. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

New pic of the "shack".

If you don't count the computer, most of what I use now-a-days can fit in one hand. SDRs, all-mode receive coverage from about DC to 2ghz. I have six antennas up for various monitoring tasks.

I have a mobile rig above where this is pictured. Haven't turned that on in months. 100+ repeaters in my reach on 2M/70cm, but not much to listen to other than no-traffic nets.

Gave up transmitting a couple years ago and went back to being mostly an SWL. I guess I've done everything I want with my amateur ticket. When I'm not feeding PSKReporter, I monitor a lot outside the ham-bands. There's plenty of generous hams sharing remote stations, for the rare times I get the itch to QSO.

hamshack2018b.JPG

KN4KQT, N4AAB and W3ATV like this.
  5. KN4KQT

KN4KQT Member QRZ Page

Station evolving

April 8th 2018 Have now begun trial set ups before I construct a station cabinet. In the below image I tacked a scrap piece of underlayment plywood to a couple five inch high two bys. I am trying to work out dimensions needed for a shelf, table height & widths. I also now checking dimensions of "dream equipment" to allow room in my plans for further upgrades. Obviously the notebook computer is not in a good final position.

Atkins Radio Shop 4-8-18 smallest image.jpg

Recent upgrades to the station: banquet table, Heil Pro Set 3 headphones, inexpensive 4" speaker, gifted Astatic SWR meter, Vibroplex Blue Racer bug from same SK as the FT-450D, vintage RadioShack HTX-252 2 meter mobile that needs cord replacement & a station timepiece. The pocket watch is a highly accurate 1907 size 18s 21 jewel Illinois Bunn Special railroad grade. The just added Yaesu MD-100 desk microphone is likely the best addition so far.

Atkins Radio Shop sign was given to me recently by a client who found it in their attic. They knew we liked antiques & brought it to our office. Atkins is my wife's maiden name.

above text from my call sign lookup

KN4KQT, Ralph, Chilhowie, Virginia

W3ATV, N2IIE and W4RAV like this.
  6. AG5CK

AG5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KG5YKW

KG5YKW Ham Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

HAM for roughly Six weeks now. Here's my first set up and I'm already off and building the "big one" next. I love its simplicity and portability!!

IMG_0190.jpg IMG_0191.jpg

W3ATV, W8MIB, K5ABB and 4 others like this.
  8. KQ4MM

KQ4MM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

@KG5YKW .. Welcome and nicely done!

9. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Because there is TP on the right side of his desk! :) You never know when you need to go!

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

WZ7U likes this.
  10. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

That is awesome. Very professionally done!