The Official "Show Us Your Ham Cat" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7ROX, Oct 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

When performing a pre-flight check, always check for cats:

(Wait for it--the fun begins at around 35 seconds in.)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    W7ROX, KQ9J, WA7PRC and 3 others like this.
  2. W7FTM

W7FTM Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Roxanne. I work as a medical courier in Phoenix and found Jake wondering around a medical office complex late one night. It was during the 122 degree heat wave last June. He was about 4 weeks old and partially blind due to dehydration. He ran up to me and got on top of my shoes, something a feral kitten isn't supposed to do. I 'shooed' him away thinking his mother was nearby but he kept coming back and hitching a ride on my sneakers. I searched the complex for the mother cat but no other cats were found. Then God smacked me up side the head and said, "take the kitten stupid, what more of a sign do you need?"

He's grown up to become a large and very friendly Maine Coon mix.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    AE7LP, N5DMC, W7ROX and 3 others like this.
  3. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Once they get desperate due to hunger, cold, heat, whatever, they start looking for any way out. That's how we got James. We had seen what looked like kitten prints in the snow about a week before. Finally, he just got up on top of a snow pile and started meowing for Mom. We still have no idea how he got to our house. He was so cold, the vet's thermometer didn't register.... Below its minimum temp.

He's happy now.

AE7LP, W7ROX, W7FTM and 2 others like this.
  4. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB Subscriber QRZ Page

This is Dimmi. Dimmi cannot show you his face on camera because he is obnoxious and will sit like this with his back to me for hours till i get up and do whatever it is he wants from me right now LOL IMG_20180612_085031.jpg

AJ6AH, KA0USE, W7ROX and 4 others like this.
  5. W7FTM

Good rescue! Just in time too, like my case but the other temperature extreme. Jake was definitely getting desperate. He took a chance on a way out that paid off. He even won over my wife who loves cats but didn't want me to bring home another one. Jake makes number 3.

Here he is at 6 months, showing me what he would have looked like had I not found him in time:

Jake2.JPG

Okay, no more kitty photos. This can get addicting. At least in this forum I'm in good company. ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    AE7LP, AJ6AH, N5DMC and 6 others like this.
  6. W7ROX

W7ROX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My "Dr. McCoy" was a rescue, who showed up at my barn, running towards me and crying for help. I mentioned him many pages back, he was missing the skin on most of his tail and starving. he was maybe 6 or 7 weeks old. Poor thing. They do ask for help.
    Almost forgot to mention, now he eats too much and is a little fat. I think he is afraid he will go without food again, so he overcompensates.

7. W7ROX

Dimmi just wants to be admired for the beautiful markings on his back. And yes, he is ignoring you.

VK4FFAB likes this.
  8. W7ROX

No, we definitely want MORE KITTY PICTURES!

UT7UX and N1OOQ like this.
  9. W7FTM

My wife's makeover photo. She's taking this obsession with cats a bit too seriously.

Wifey_Cat.jpg

At least she kept the green eyes. Also costs a lot less to feed her now.

This one isn't mine but it's one of my favorites. My apologies if it's been posted before.

Cat Lady Organizer.jpg

N2NH, AE7LP, AJ6AH and 7 others like this.
  10. W7ROX

OMG that got a belly laugh out of me!! I need one of those, but I'm just a cat or two shy of being the crazy cat lady. [​IMG]

N2NH, AE7LP, WZ7U and 4 others like this.