The Official "Show Us Your Ham Cat" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7ROX, Oct 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Meet Arlo. Born on Thanksgiving, something something about Alice's Restaurant. Future ham cat, current holy terror
    20180129_144553.jpg

KA2BPP, AC0TP, KF5RRF and 6 others like this.
  2. W7ROX

W7ROX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Groan........

3. W7ROX

W7ROX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just looked closer at your avatar photo, is that a CAT-fish???;):D Fishing line or noodling?

4. W9FTV

W9FTV Ham Member QRZ Page

He's got the look of a "Group W Bench" occupant. ;)

W7FTM, WA7PRC and WZ7U like this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh yeah, he's playin with the pencils and all kinds of things......

WA7PRC likes this.
  6. W9RLG

W9RLG Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a little girl and we call her sissy!! She is adorable!!

Bob

W4NNF and W7ROX like this.
  7. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Standard tuxedo kitty pose! They are very trusting of everyone!

8. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

That fish is one of my "babies." It was caught with hook and line. But, I have been noodling, including in Oklahoma. I have pictures, I just can't find them right now.

One of my other great hobbies, besides amateur radio, is raising fish, primarily trophy bluegill. It is always fun to throw a line into one of our ponds. You never quite know what might be on the other end. The ponds are setup for kids and people older than me. I also raise big hybrid bluegill and big hybrid striped bass. Most winters, but not this one, I usually put in WV golden trout.

Young friends enjoying the ponds:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Elderly friend enjoying the ponds:
    [​IMG]

Smoked WV Golden Trout:
    [​IMG]

One of our "little brookies":
    [​IMG]

The minnows and hooks we use for the big ones:
    [​IMG]

Our old furry cat knows exactly how to do exactly the same thing you describe regarding the hardwood vs. the carpets. His digestive system isn't what it used to be. We have no idea how old he is. We got him as a rescue about 7-8 years ago. We figure he was 6-8 at that time.

Our little calico is much better mannered. She is one-eyed, and also a rescue.

That is him below. His doctor thinks he is a purebred Siberian Forest Cat. He has three separate layers of fur. He is waterproof and frost resistant. Somebody had him neutered and had his front claws removed before he became homeless.

Somebody abandoned him in a relative's neighborhood. He was homeless for over two years that I know of. I "catnapped" him after a very bad winter and a summer week where it got to over 100 degrees every day. He mostly went begging from house to house.

A neighbor called the animal warden to try and get him a home. I happened to be there when the animal warden was ready to incarcerate him. I was able to put him in the backseat of my truck and take him out to our farm. His fur was all matted at the time. His ribs were visible through his thick fur. He quickly adapted to country life. He loves people. When he hears the UPS truck a mile away he races to the end of our walkway (our driveway is 1/3 mile long from the county road). As soon as our UPS driver stops and opens his door, this silly cat jumps in the UPS truck to help and to inspect, .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KA2BPP, KF5RRF, AE7LP and 4 others like this.
  9. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

What an appropriate name. If he should ever get lost, at least Officer Obie should have twenty-seven 8x10 glossy photos!

W7ROX, WZ7U and W9FTV like this.
  10. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

With circles and arrows on the back of each one, no doubt.

W7ROX, W9FTV, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.