The Official "Show Us Your Ham Cat" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7ROX, Oct 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7ROX

W7ROX Ham Member QRZ Page

Bo, thank you for your service! You deserve a kitty or two! In Macon they have a place called Kitty City Cat Rescue that has outstanding reviews by visitors. You can go visit the cats and see if you warm up to the idea a little more (hahaha I am setting you up, of course!) Some of their cats are special needs, and that might not work for you, but you can check it out. When I got my first two this go around, I went to Pet Smart and looked for two rescues in the same cage that liked each other. My kitties were playing hard with each other, and when they were tuckered out, they fell asleep looking at each other with their faces two inches apart. They are really good friends. Then the third came along shortly afterwards and luckily they were very accepting of him.
    Now the one that might be right for you will be tapping cw with his tail. :)

WB4WHJ likes this.
  2. W7ROX

W7ROX Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone else need encouragement to get a kitty? :)

WA7PRC likes this.
  3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Bad news: after I lost my two furry friends a coupla years ago this month, I'm hesitant to find another/more.
    Good news: the neighbor lady has four kitties that like me. Lately, I've been spending time there. Yep, I have "Rent a Cat"... all the joy w/o the responsibility. :)

KA2BPP and W7ROX like this.
  4. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Sadly, I don't have a picture anymore of my black cat who laid herself out on my hands and keyboard as I was engaged in a packet QSO. Picture a huge, black, furry football with a pin head. She was a much-loved kitty.

One for the road:

*Heavy sigh* "What am I doing with my life?"

Cat - What am I doing with my life.jpg

K7WFM, KA2BPP, WZ7U and 2 others like this.
  5. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Cut all the yappin' and post cat pics

N5DMC and W7ROX like this.
  6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

W7ROX, K7WFM and KA2BPP like this.
  7. WN6U

WN6U Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

"Maybe I should try ham radio?"

WA7PRC and W7ROX like this.
  8. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking at the dates on your license record, it was before I became a VE. I didn't become a VE until June of 2012.. I am now the current VE Team Leader for the North Park location.

W7ROX likes this.
  9. KD4IYI

KD4IYI Ham Member QRZ Page

My last three cats were Schrodinger (because if my XYL got home before I did, there was a 50/50 chance of a live cat when i opened the box, err apartment... He was never destructive except to paper towels or toilet paper, he was cat napped a couple of times, the last one was permanent. His average weight was 28 lbs, Maine Coon. Next, another Maine Coon was Cinco Gato refused to leave specifically network cabling alone, so, I really couldn't name him cat as his first name, so Cinco (5)... It was... He was over 25 lbs average. The current one is Tortellini Pasta Thief Burgler of semolina and shiny things, pens, screws, tweezers, hemostats, pliers, CDs, DVDs, mirrors... Favorite saying? Oh you find it! I've been looking all over for that! Must be nice to have opposable thumbs to open locked drawers!

W7ROX likes this.
  10. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ham Cat thread = 159 replies. Ham Dog thread = 9 replies. Guess we know who rules the majority of ham shacks LOL The FTdxCAT System approves!

(Actually I do miss my little companion Molly....she was a good dog, always snoozing by my feet when I was at my radio desk)

N6HCM, W7ROX and N5DMC like this.