The Official "Show Us Your Ham Cat" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7ROX, Oct 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

The fact I 'liked' your post does not mean I really like to see the cats to be closed in a box. Once I picked a kitten on the road; I'm pretty sure she was intentionally left there by a human. There was no any box in my car so I put the kitten on my knees and she lay on my knees three or may be four hours without any movement before I finally brought her to my home. So I just mean no box was needed; there was no any need to close the cat in.

2. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

i don't like it, either. i used to have a sky kennel to transport to/from the vet, but that was all.

UT7UX likes this.
  3. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

The Vypyr has some pretty decent models of 6L6- and EL84-based amps (“Twin” and “Classic”) which sound nice when played clean or just a little crunchy. My metal days are long behind me (as a player, at least!) but the shredders seem to like the super-overdrive channels and the models of the Budda and 6505 amps. The built in effects are basic and you can't use more than one at a time, but the cheapest stomp box on my pedal board cost me more than the amp did so I don’t judge it too harshly. The Sanpera I controller pedal is pretty awful, though, and way overpriced. Overall, it’s a nice little practice amp, has USB CODEC I/O, sounds decent. I haven’t used it since picking up another Delta Blues (sold my first one about 15 years ago), but I may run it as a second amp in stereo with my Wampler Terraform pedal.

UT7UX likes this.
  4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Close, ours are a cross between the asian leopard and domestic cats. The male we have is more wild cat than domestic, he is currently at the door, poised to attack, calling the birds sitting in the fig trees. They growl, dont like too much attention or petting, and are bitey bastards and extremely territorial.

The male is also as wild as you can legally own in Australia. Obviously cats can quickly decimate our natives rather quickly who have not evolved with cats as preditors. This is why we keep ours indoors and walk them on leads outdoors. Dont want them killing everything.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    UT7UX likes this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Even the housecats are trying to kill you in Straya :eek:

I'm going to need a bigger knife...

WJ4U, KY4GD, UT7UX and 2 others like this.
  6. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Last night, about 3am a gecko came down the chimney, cat one finds it, calls cat two and then for the next 30mins until i get up and put the bloody thing outside, there is banging and crashing and crap hitting the floor as they are both climbing the walls and cupboards trying to get the thing. Its really quiet here, you can hear a pin drop at night, so when the cats are knocking everything over, you are soon awake. I thought WW3 had started. LOL

KA0HCP, KY4GD, KA0USE and 6 others like this.
  7. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

I think that it is due to 400W power limit. :confused: Or maybe due to the RHD. I dunno. :D

VK4HAT and WZ7U like this.
  8. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

How much does he weigh, Rob??

9. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

geckos eat bugs, right? and sell car insurance in america....

UT7UX and VK4HAT like this.
  10. KY4GD

KY4GD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think Aussie geckos shoot death rays from their eyes and bleed acid, too.

The alien on Sevastopol Station was a normal Australian lizard...

VK4HAT likes this.