The Official "Show Us Your Ham Cat" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7ROX, Oct 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7ROX

W7ROX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

....because I'm busy trying to break the antenna!

2. W7ROX

Is it illegal to apply a small electrical charge to the doormat for eagles who get to close to the door? (Giggle!) Perhaps something that ham cat could learn to operate...
    How often do eagles get that close?

3. W7ROX

Good cat!!! Marky did help!
    I see you are a VE in San Diego, maybe I took my Extra test with you! Down in North Park?

4. KL4GR

KL4GR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Except at some point I would step out in my bath robe and a cup of coffee, and well, you know the rest! In the winter it is common to have 20 or more in my large cottonwood tree in front of the house, and they like to hang out on the deck rail quit often for some reason. It drives Dr. Woo crazy. When the eagles start swooping around the house and tree, poor cat goes nuts running from window to window watching the action. She also like stalking the moose when they are in the yard, and waiting for the day she jumps on the back of one. Quite the show.

W7ROX likes this.
  5. KK6NOH

KK6NOH Ham Member QRZ Page

Makes me regret the days I saw my cat piggy chilling on top of the neighbors horses and I didn't take a picture.

W7ROX likes this.
  6. KL4GR

Life would be lacking without our furry little buddies!

W7JZE, KA2BPP, WA7PRC and 1 other person like this.
  7. W7ROX

I bet they are hoping Dr. Woo will come out. Or you have a rat problem... It's always about food.

8. KL4GR

If its not about the food, it's about the couch. And no, the eagles can't come in!

Dr. Woo 3.jpg

W7JZE, UT7UX, W7ROX and 3 others like this.
  9. N3UIQ

N3UIQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I love seeing all of these kitty (and pooch) pictures, brightens my day, but God I feel sad to see the ones that all of you have had to say goodbye to, reminds me of the many I've lost over the years (and will in the future). I do feel better however when I see how loved all of them were. Think I'll go hug my buddies now!

N9CAV, KA2BPP, WZ7U and 3 others like this.
  10. WB4WHJ

WB4WHJ Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe. I might go to the local pound & have a look. I have 2 cats that lived to be 18+. One was a Grey blue Maltese & the other was Buck. Buck was special because when I was kicked to the curb by my ex, she got the house & I got the cat. :) He was a mere kitten then.
    I got the better deal. :)
    Buck liked to crawl up next to my TR-4C during the winter when I was operating.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    W9FTV, VE6KXL, W0PV and 3 others like this.