The Official "Show Us Your Ham Cat" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7ROX, Oct 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

Clever radio-tech Charlotte soon detected a leaking HV Cap, ever curious kitten! we promptly grabbed her, of course. Bartho was counting the screws.
    TechCharlotte_01.jpg

W4KJG, W0AQ, W9RAC and 9 others like this.
  2. W1VTP

W1VTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Rosie listening to AWA PM AM net

ROSIE LISTENING TO LARRY NE1S ON AWA PM AM NET (compressed).jpg

KK4NSF, KO1C, W9RAC and 10 others like this.
  3. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just messing around in IARU, Emma wanted to come help provide CAT control. Just a wire on the balcony. I should probably try to make contacts instead of taking pictures of cats.

I used a filter due to the poor lighting. Just ran my wire through the door probably not the best but you work with what you can. Worked a few on 20 CW so far.

IMG_20200711_122210__01.jpg

KK4NSF, KA0USE, W7EDC and 8 others like this.
  4. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

UR CAT control definitively works perfect. ;)

PU2OZT and W7ROX like this.
  5. G3ZPF

G3ZPF Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you mean purrrfect ;-)

A happy cat makes a great LF tone generator :)

KF5RRF, W7EDC, W7ROX and 2 others like this.
  6. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    Bartho reporting from the antenna farm prior we fire up the station Ā«Send me Charlotte, mice teasingĀ»

KJ5T, KK4NSF, UT7UX and 9 others like this.
  7. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

cats are more photogenic than wires.

PU2OZT likes this.
  8. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

How about a cat on a wire?
    [​IMG]

PU2OZT likes this.
  9. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I may have posted about this silly cat before. It involves one of our three cats. All are rescues. All have histories. All are quite unique -- as are all cats.

We named this cat Hemmingway because she is polydactal -- she has thumbs on her front paws.

(Most of Earnest Hemingway's cats were polydactal.)

We thought she was just a kitten when we adopted her. She was just 4 pounds. Our veterinarian told us she was about 3-4 years old, and had mothered several litters of kittens. Having a new home at our place, it only took only a few weeks for her to get to 8 pounds and within a few months she stabilized between 11-12 pounds. We found that her previous human got incarcerated, and this cat was turned loose on the streets to fend for herself.

I don't quite know how to describe her, other than being very affectionate, very well behaved, extremely vocal when she wants something -- but she is a real rascal and thief.

My wife has been sewing "designer" COVID masks for the last couple of months. It is crazy how Hemingway has stolen so many pipe cleaners, packs of eleastic, spools of thread, and so much more.

Hemingway has learned how to pry open the latches on my tool boxes and parts bins.
    We find stashes of pipe cleaners, elastic and thread spools, long nose pliers, capacitors, etc. in the strangest places.

20200408_223909_copy_581x477.jpg 20200408_215900_copy_1008x567.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    KK4NSF, UT7UX, DK7OB and 7 others like this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My cats have told me that once they have all developed thumbs and can use a can-opener, they will have no further use for us. ;)

W0FS, KC1DR, UT7UX and 8 others like this.