ad: MyAnt-1

The Official "Show Us Your Ham Cat" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7ROX, Oct 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7ROX

W7ROX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok, I have noticed all the cat photos representing their ham owners, so here is your chance all cat people to show us your ham cats. You know, the cats that walk by our face between us and the radios we are desperately trying to operate, the cats that turn our tuning dial without our permission and the cats that we love.
    What is the name of your cats, how many and how long have they been hams?

I'll start, the kitty representing me is Dr McCoy, a rescue. His buddies are Capt. Kirk and Mr. Spock. Come on, show us your cats.

K2HAT, UT7UX and WM2Q like this.
  2. KC2FQ

KC2FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

hamcat.jpg

N9CAV, KA2BPP, W7JZE and 5 others like this.
  3. W7ROX

He looks like a seasoned ham. So serious. He likes 20 meters??

4. W7ROX

Star Trek Kitties.jpg

N9CAV, K2HAT, UT7UX and 7 others like this.
  5. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My 2 know better, getting on the desk will get them a swat on the butt to get off! Oreo is the tuxedo kitty, Oliver is the Bengal/tabby mix, that is 50 pounds of cats on that chair!

[​IMG]

N9CAV, KD8ZMN, UT7UX and 6 others like this.
  6. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

His look is saying "You are going to pay for this picture... "

W7JZE, WA7PRC and W7ROX like this.
  7. W7ROX

W0AAT, what do you feed them? That's a lot of cat! So sweet, looks like they get along to be sleeping that close together.

8. KK6NOH

KK6NOH Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure thing!
    This first guy is named Piglet... or Piggy as we tend to call him.
    IMGP3258.JPG IMGP3252.JPG
    And this guy is named Trouble.
    PC260010.JPG IMGP3303.JPG

Trouble is 19 years old and piggy is 13. We sometimes like to jokingly call trouble "the illiteracy cat" because he has a nasty habit of laying on your book if you are trying to read. He has also been known to plop right down on the PTT button of my icom SM6 desk mic. Trouble is an absolute sweetheart with very little cat tendencies. Unlike piggy he doesn't mind being hugged. Piggy has a lot of cat tendencies but he is also very loyal. If I leave the house for any extended time I have been told he acts very depressed and hangs around the door waiting for me to come home. Once I do he will not leave me alone, firmly planting himself on top of me as if to hold me down. Both are lovable sweethearts but trouble is more open about it whereas piggy is a bit more aloof. I got piggy from a good friend in high school because he was not getting along with the other cats in the house and it seemed like he really latched onto me. Because piggy was always fighting the other cats he got stuck outside permanently. I was renting a bedroom from them that had a door straight to the outside with a screen. One day it was raining and poor piggy was at the door soaking wet and crying. I let him in and we became best friends instantly. Ever since that day piggy would always bring me little presents and ask to come in. I couldn't believe my eyes when that little orange cat brought me a full blown cottontail!

Trouble used to have a brother... but unfortunately he passed away a few years ago due to diabetes and kidney failure. His name was Mayhem.
    mayhem and truble.JPG
    I was 5 years old when we got those two, and I am now 24 years old. We got both Mayhem and Trouble for free out of a box in front of a grocery store as kittens.

N9CAV, W9FL, UT7UX and 8 others like this.
  9. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Here are my cats Herkulinchen and Melli listening to CW

UT7UX, KA2BPP, N3UIQ and 5 others like this.
  10. W7ROX

I was 5 years old when we got those two, and I am now 24 years old. We got both Mayhem and Trouble for free out of a box in front of a grocery store as kittens.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful cat story!!