The Official DX "ATNO" thread

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W7UUU, Dec 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Most recent ATNOs: VI9NI, 15m, CW; R7NW, 160m CW (best 160m DX so far!); HD8M, 40m CW; 5X3C, 40m CW. All via LoTW

N2EY and W7UUU like this.
  2. K8SQB

K8SQB Ham Member QRZ Page

Just getting into HF this year with some FT8 work with a small station (batteries only first couple of months) and one amazing night in came the appropriate call for ATNO in Australia VK6OZ.

Fantastic night. Worked NZ and a couple of islands as well. Hasn't been as good before or since.

W7UUU likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Isn't it awesome (at this cruddy end of the sunspot cycle) when a patch of propagation somewhere good happens and you get the contact?!

Cool beans :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KB2FCV likes this.
  4. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Still no ATNO's for the year. I hope to learn / do HFTA (HF Terrain Analysis) soon to help me devise the best wire directional antenna for getting over the hill towards SE Asia to pick off perhaps a few of the "low hanging fruit" ATNO's I still need that way such as Taiwan, Vietnam, Palau and a handful of others. Bouvet was the only one on the calendar that would have been a possible ATNO. Sitting at 317 current.

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

On behalf of those of us who have worked them all, consider yourself lucky you can still enjoy the anticipation of working any ATNO. I miss that thrill.

6. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9G2HO, Ghana, 40 CW last night. With the Southgate Type 7 and my homebrew inverted V, center at 40 feet. Manual keying, paper logging.

No spotting help, no computer, just a boy and his radio.

Already confirmed by LoTW.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    KQ9J and W7UUU like this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You haven't worked ME!
    Keep trying.

8. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Funny as KP4 was the first ‘country’ I worked as a Novice on 15cw. Still remember his call -WP4BBN. Seemed a great distance back then but ironic now that it’s only a one hour flight from here. Took me almost 30 years between the first and last one.

9. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yahoo, got Spain...new to me first try 20m phone :) AM70D

10. AC6BW

AC6BW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

UK9AA a few weeks ago on 20m FT8, from the west coast. Very prompt QSL response, using PayPal. #303 confirmed.