The Official DX "ATNO" thread

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W7UUU, Dec 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. AC6BW

AC6BW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, that would be nice. But I have no problems at all with sending a PayPal request for a paper QSL.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here - I don't mind at all if it's a confirmation that I want. LoTW is nice but I'll take whatever I can get :)

Dave
    W7UUU

AC6BW likes this.
  3. AC6BW

AC6BW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you know how long Vlad is going to be on Mayotte? I see the announcement in most of the DX bulletins, but no mention anywhere of how long he'll be QRV.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No unfortunately I do not.

Dave
    W7UUU

AC6BW likes this.
  5. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

QSL cards from KL7RA came in the mail today:D; 160m, 80m, and 15m all CW. KL7RA came up in the last big CW contest. Never thought I'd get AK on 80m and 160m. While AK isn't exactly rare DX for most folks, it is for me on 80m and 160m. This was the last one I needed for WAS CW on 80m, and it brings my total up to 48 states on 160m CW, still need NE and SD.

The antenna here is an elevated inverted-L with 8 elevated 130-foot radials. The vertical portion of the radiator is 68 feet. The base of the antenna is at 9 feet above ground level. 100 watts.

The op(s) at KL7RA were both skillful and patient, especially on 160m.

6. K6UJ

K6UJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I know how it feels. I went over 300 worked and like you finding an ATNO is slim pickings.
    I hope the Bouvet DXpedition becomes a reality. It will be an ATNO. :p

7. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

VK3HJ on 160 meter CW at local sunrise this morning. First ever Australia on 160 meters for this northern WI station!

That is my best DX ever on 160 meters :D

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  8. N5WVR

N5WVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Most recent ATNOs confirmed: I just received the QSL card from LX, Luxembourg, on 80 meters! No LotW, so I had to send away for the card, but he responded promptly. I also received SV9, Crete, on 60 meters (via LotW).

Most recent ATNOs worked: GD, Isle of Man, on 60 meters, awaiting the card.

Life is good on the low bands.

9. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

XR0ZRC 20m CW QSO on March 13 just confirmed in LOTW!

10. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

That's wrong (clicked recent QSOs instead of recent QSLs). But got YS1/AA4NC which is also an ATNO for me and the last one I was missing which is not in the top 100 list.