The Official DX "ATNO" thread

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W7UUU, Dec 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: OK1UUad-1
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Somebody I know is going to have to crawl out of bed at 0430 local time for a crack at this one.

2. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My best: (BOTH confirmed with paper QSL cards)

Z81X (2013) 15m CW,
    3B9FR (2014) 20m CW

Both worked with my Tentec Century-22 (15w out to a 40m OCF inverted "L" up only 20ft, w/a Drake MN-7 tuner)

Right Place,... Right Time ;) :D

W7UUU and K1TGX like this.
  3. K0ON

K0ON Ham Member QRZ Page

Only being licensed a short time, but working bunch in that time has Bennett fun. I'll drop a few highlights from the last 4 years.

3/15/15- 1 month after getting my general license I worked UK8OWW, Uzbekistan on 100w and a wire. I sent a qsl card, lo and behold 3 and 1/2 months later I got one back in the mail! My prized card for sure.

5 days later at 00:45z I worked the station in the Congo, 9Q0HQ. The only station on the band I could hear at the time, another prized card.

3/4/17- A new qth with a little more room, I built my first real antenna outside a dipole, 160m inverted L. I worked NP2J, US Virgin Islands, on 160m with my home made antenna, still 100w. I was proud of myself.

I just upgraded to Extra class a month ago. My friend was ribbing my saying I needed to use my new privileges. I hopped on 20m and worked South Africa. Not a new one, but new to my operating class.

Now I'm enjoying hunting /AG and /AE ops. Also upgrading a low band antenna for more juicy dx on 40 and 80, and prepping for the bands to come back.

W5BIB, K1TGX and AB8MA like this.
  4. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just got my first Taiwan station BX5AA, 20m Phone. Not ATNO, but new country for me :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    W7UUU likes this.
  5. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

QSL card confirmation of VP6D in the mail today: 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30, 40, and 80m CW and 20m phone. All new ones. Those guys were GOOD!

KP4SX likes this.
  6. KI4WCQ

KI4WCQ Ham Member QRZ Page

T31EU today for an ATNO, #313 with wire antennas.

7. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

T31EU yesterday. Used a 6BTV vertical. #307 mixed.

8. AC6BW

AC6BW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FH/UA4WHX on 20 and 17m CW, over the last couple of days. This is #303 for me! Vlad is a fantastic op, with great ears! Check out his QRZ page at UA4WHX, for the antenna that he uses on these DXpeditions.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

They really were awesome indeed! Just got my card last week as well - an ATNO for me :)

Dave
    W7UUU

10. WA4BCS

WA4BCS Ham Member QRZ Page

Too bad he refuses to use LOTW.

K8PG likes this.