The Official DX "ATNO" thread

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W7UUU, Dec 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Two from this past week:
    • R6AF Eu. Russia 40m CW 5w — QRP ATNO (#71)
    • SP1D Poland 80m CW 100w — New band
    Neither uses LOTW. :(

2. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Way to go. That's the way to get the job done. If DXing is in your blood and you don't know CW, you're like a one legged ballerina.

KQ9J likes this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I always see him with + numbers on FT8 when the states and Europe are all down in the minus range.

4. KE8KMX

KE8KMX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ogasawara, JD1BMH 40m FT8
    South Sudan, Z81D 17m FT8
    Afghanistan, T6AA 30m FT8

WJ4U likes this.
  5. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

First ATNO of 2020!
    ZC4UW UK Base Cyprus - 40m CW 0237 UTC
    Wkg condx: K3 @ 100w - 24’ vertical end fed wire

Heard yesterday and earlier today with huge pileups and passed. Went back a few hours later and he was still on 7034.0 calling CQ with few takers. Got him on second call (with a lot of repeats!). DXCC #230. Log matched on ClubLog. :D

6. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Been a long time since I added a DXCC, but on January 4th I worked ZC4UW UK Base on Cyprus for an ATNO! Good ol' 20 meter CW.

It's already confirmed in LoTW, amazingly, but since it is a new entity I'll be sending for the paper card too. #309 for me!

W7UUU and WW2PT like this.
  7. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

ZC4UW, U.K. Bases on Cyprus; 30m CW, via LoTW. Worked them this morning and was confirmed this evening. From my station, this one was difficult to reach. I tried on several bands for several days to get a contact, so I'm very grateful for the one I got.

8. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have tried almost every morning to contact them on 30 meters without success. I hear them, albeit weakly, but there is almost like an echo on their signal that combined with the weak signal, makes it very difficult to copy. It seems as though I am receiving them short path and long path too! They are using vertical antennas and all I have on 30 meters is a vertical so maybe that is what is happening?

I think today is their last day so I am probably going to be content with my one contact. :)

9. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I've heard the echo as well on both 30m and 40m, and yes, I believe it's a matter of receiving both short path and long path. With their signal strength here, QRM near their frequency, and my less-than-stellar hearing, it made copy rather difficult.

For this dxpedition, I decided that if I got a contact at all, I would be happy, and I am. It's a brand new one:D

Congrats on your QSO! If it was like mine, it required a goodly portion of perseverance.

10. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

TN5R, Republic of the Congo; 15m and 17m CW, via LoTW. These QSOs were from 03/10 and 03/11/18, respectively, about a month after I returned to the airways after several years QRT. I had forgotten about these QSOs, so the LoTW confirmation today came as a nice new year surprise and an ATNO:D

KQ9J likes this.