ad: Schulman-1

The new Ukrainian rules

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by UR4IOR, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. UR4IOR

UR4IOR Ham Member QRZ Page

This subject in the core concerns the Ukrainian radio fans, but I hope that it won't leave indifferent and among fans short and ultra-short waves all over the world. Probably many know about that as the new rules has cut down possibilities of the Ukrainian radio fans who yet course about it and rough polemic about it it is possible to read here - http://www.uarl.com.ua/
    But the main thing - is prepared the letter to the Head of the National commission concerning regulation of communication of Ukraine.
    All Ukrainian radio fan can deliver the signature here http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ur-ham-radio/ I hope that all visiting a site QRZ.COM and forums, will support Ukrainian НАМs
    Sergey UR4IOR 73!

2. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, but I really can't make out much from the website, and the petition is not in English.

What's happening?

3. XU7ADQ

XU7ADQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  4. N2TJX

N2TJX Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, I think I get it. The big complaint seems to be that the document tries to outline some definitions for amateur radio, but that it's poorly put together and has conflicting statements. Nothing earth shattering, they're just saying they want the work cleaned up. It's certainly a legitimate complaint because it leave some of the band definitions open for "interpretation."

Maybe I'm totally wrong and it's actually a service manual for a 1987 Fiat Panda...

Sam

5. UA6JD

UA6JD Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Сергей - тяжело разобраться по тем ссылкам - напишите на английском языке все эту историю и тогда будет проще поддержать вас

6. UT8LN

UT8LN Ham Member QRZ Page

Прочитал на английском и ничего не понял, зачем все это и что требуется от посетителей сайта. Зачем еще и иностранцам голову забивать нашими проблемами? Если уже спамить, то переведите на нормальный английский.

7. W7CI

W7CI Ham Member QRZ Page

USE OF THE TERM "RADIO FAN' IN ENGLISH

The use of the term, "radio fan" is not appropriate when addressing a subject about, "amateur radio". Radio Fan is an archaic term used in the 1920 - 1950 year era to denote a commercial broadcast listener who listens to commercial broadcast radio for entertainment. In any language it is most proper to use, "Radio Amateur" or "Ham Radio" rather than, "radio fan".

de W7CI

8. AB3FL

AB3FL Ham Member QRZ Page

Not everyone on QRZ speaks English as a first language. The OP may have even used google translate to translate to English...

Tom - AB3FL

9. W0BG

W0BG Ham Member QRZ Page

Radio Fan

My good OMs

Radio Fan is simply a direct translation of the Russian word radiolubitel. It literally translates as a "lover of radio." The translation Radio Fan kind of gets the same feeling across that you would get from the Russian language. For our Russian and Ukrainian friends radiolubitel = ham radio operator or amateur radio operator or simply ham.

Mark
    W0BG

10. W7CI

W7CI Ham Member QRZ Page

RADIO FAN REVISITED (In any Language)

My, My, it must be my Anglo/Saxon, North American language and ethnocenterism coming out and subsequently providing a critical response.

de W&CI

11. NQ6U

NQ6U Ham Member QRZ Page

It's interesting that radio is the word used in pretty much every language that uses the Roman alphabet.

12. G0FTD

G0FTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Instead of moaning about the translation of one phrase, can someone post something
    useful about the Ukrainians predicament instead.

Then perhaps we might discover if any of us can help and at the same time foster some
    international ham spirit.

Вместо того, чтобы стонать о переводе одной фразе, может кто-то что-то пост
    Полезные о украинцы затруднительное вместо. Тогда, возможно, мы могли бы обнаружить, если любой из нас может помочь и в то же время способствовать некоторые международного ветчиной духа.

13. 2M0CDD

2M0CDD Ham Member QRZ Page

....and I still have no idea what this thread is about. Are there any communication experts out there who can help out here, for someone who is not clairvoyant.

Ta.

John

14. UY0LL

UY0LL Ham Member QRZ Page

15. G4ILO

G4ILO Ham Member QRZ Page

This is crazy.

No offense intended (my wife is Ukrainian and I am sure she would agree with me) but doesn't the Ukrainian government have more important things it could be doing than taking away from radio amateurs frequencies that will still be used in the rest of the world including Ukraine's neighbours? What is the reason?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.