ad: elecraft

The new Buddistick Pro from Buddipole, Inc.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4FDT, Sep 4, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4FDT

W4FDT Ham Member QRZ Page

I dont work for Buddipole but I do use their products. I want to introduce you to one of their new antennas, the portable hex beam, or Buddihex. We put ours together for you so that you can see what can come in the kit and how easy it is to assemble it and get on the air. Be sure to check out the "Pro Tip" in the description for an even faster assemble time than we showed in the video.

2. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just watched a video from the same op, this time with the "Buddi-Hex"... now THAT... is one, mean, portable hunk of wires! I am sure it's twice the cost of the Hex that I have here at the QTH, but if you were going on a multi-ham POTA/FD/DXpedition... that kit is FOR REAL!

3. KV1P

KV1P Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a Buddistick 15 years ago; when I was living in Brooklyn NY wotked 85 DX stations on 10 meters so I was very happy with it. This new improve would be very in HOA area!

4. KK4YDR

KK4YDR Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess I can disclose now that I have been testing this system for about 6 months now. Really really good setup.

Here is mine, i was not allowed to say anything... great setup for sure
    20210906_133018.jpg

W4FDT and AJ6KZ like this.
  5. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be buying one...

W4FDT likes this.
  6. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not a bad deal, and they make a great product!

7. KV1P

KV1P Ham Member QRZ Page

Very interested going to their website to see if they can be purchased today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wrong OP.

9. K5QBF

K5QBF Ham Member QRZ Page

You will need the new versa hub to use the tripod legs. The legs are $50 I think.

10. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

I would pay twice as much for an item made in the USA, I do not like supporting business out side the US, with the exception of Japan.
    I would say more, but Japan is a friendly nation, some others are not.

KD7G, W4HM, N1IPU and 3 others like this.
  11. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Neither do I. However, I may have some bad news for you regarding your MTR-4B. Specifically this from the LNR Precision website: "We control engineering and designs for certain transceivers manufactured outside of the US." Reference: https://www.lnrprecision.com/about-us/

W4HM and N7KO like this.
  12. VE3GZB

VE3GZB Ham Member QRZ Page

Is it only capable of running as a vertical configuration? A dipole isn't perfect but I'd like that double dB of gain and the horizontal polarization of a dipole over a vertical. 73s

13. W9HJ

W9HJ QRZ Lifetime Member #294 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Maybe I am just missing it, but I can't seem to see it on their web page. What is the cost?

14. KA1YBS

The 'stick' series are verticals, the 'pole' series are dipoles.

You can use half of the Buddipole as a vertical if you get a tripod or park bench mount, and add one or more counterpoise wires.

15. KA1YBS

Here is my WRC in vertical and dipole configuration for two different POTA activations this summer.

Attached Files: