The new AM forum is alive!

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Apr 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Ham Member QRZ Page

Ken I sent you an email to the address listed on your QRZ.com profile.

2. KD6CUB

KD6CUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hoover Hogs hahahaha.
    ok, so here's one of my dumb questions (as promised in an earlier post hahaha). Is there an easily found list of the recommended AM Freqs.? I often get on 7.293 and I know the 40 meter area is .290-.295. and 80m is 3.775-3.790. but what about 20, 15, 10 meter areas?

3. WB2CAU

WB2CAU Ham Member QRZ Page

I am kinda surprised this happened because the sites to which you're referring are supposed to be hobby forums, not forums attempting to hold on to customers, as if it were some kind of business competition. This certainly is another black eye on those sites in my opinion.

I've only seen that kind of censoring on commercial sites where there is fear of losing customers to the competition, real or imagined.

Usually hobby-based sites will support each other. Oh well... welcome to reality!

4. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

My biggest problem with the other sites has to do with the constant one-upsmanship and endless unrination/distance contests. That's really just no fun to be around. People expressing their interests, experience, and mistakes without fear of reprisal is key. Being able to think out loud and screw up without getting blasted makes for a relaxed atmosphere where it's possible to learn and laugh.

5. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

What surprised me is that it stayed up as long as it did.

6. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

For some reason, I have not seen it. I've gotten a number of other emails from QRZ. I hope I didn't accidentally erase it. Can you resend it via a "QRZ conversation" ?

Thanks,
    Ken

kgrymala at Yahoo dot com