The new AM forum is alive!

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Apr 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Ken
    I think you should publish your own series of columns here! I am very happy you are participating.
    You touched on some very specific items that we can all relate to.AM, ADHD, HOA, RETIREMENT!
    And then, you mentioned fishing. I bet that thread could go for 200 plus pages with over 20K views.
    "Life is too short for retirement"

W4KJG likes this.
  2. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I will start a new thread with a "girly" modulation DX-60B project that's been stalled for a couple years due to work load (that having to make a living thang). I picked up a Yaesu FT-450 to get my AM on for now and it works very well with a little help from the SB-200. You lads have given me the itch to heat up the iron for this project again! Thanks :)

3. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

That circus is really aimed at making AM at I.F. and then pumping it into a transceiver.

I suppose it would work OK at higher frequencies.

Stuff like this makes one very familiar with RF success and failure.

4. W1UJR

W1UJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Kick the tires and light the fires, very good!

73 Olde Buzzard Bruce W1UJR

[​IMG]

KA4KOE, N6YW, W4KJG and 1 other person like this.
  5. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Billy and others,

I'm not sure what to think. Just as I started to post an answer yesterday afternoon, the forum seemed to explode and disappear until not too long ago. I'm not sure what to think about that!o_O

I probably could do some articles. I'd have to give it some thought. Even though I might be retired, I continue to maintain a crazy HDSD schedule which supports my way-too-many hobbies.

I would hope that people would not take this negatively, based on my low egotism. Magazines and newspapers, that were apparently in seriously need of content, started publishing my crazy ideas when I still couldn't vote or legally drink hard liquor. These include magazines like Mother Earth News, RF Design, Organic Gardening, RF & Microwaves, and a whole bunch more. I think even Wayne Greene published some of my stuff.

I'm continue to be long time magazine contributor/convention presenter/forum moderator/and forum contributor on another hobby site related to growing trophy fish raised in private waters. I continue to be a long-time officer-director, current vice president, and long time webmaster for an aquaculture group here in WV.

I do mix my many hobbies. Like when putting up antennas.

This one didn't start out well.

[​IMG]

But, it eventually turned into a 135-foot doublet about 40 feet above ground, that I use as my 80-10 meter transmit/receive standard.

[​IMG]

Everybody should know that I've been legally diagnosed as crazy by the US Government, and others. I posted a little bit about it in this thread: http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/remembering-vietnam-50-years-later.517370/

I do still have fun designing and building lots of things. Like http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/my-fun-little-sdr-project.465112/.

My little DDS/digital modulator (K8KJG/KennethKit) for use with my modified DX-60B is another crazy project. (It is what I intend to use build an SA-602/NE-602 for an AM modulator that can feed the linear amplifier 6CLC/6146B so I can talk to you guys.

[​IMG]

Regards,
    Ken

6. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

One more thing about mixing hobbies.

This photo isn't "Photoshopped". That is crazy old me. This was on the first day of fishing out of Clinton, OH a while back. When I posted this photo in the Interenet, I wanted to hide the identity of the fish and me so that it might not affect the next day's fishing.

[​IMG]

Back home, these are the minnows we use for catching the bigger fish in my ponds.:p

[​IMG]

After this, does anybody really think I might be able to do a multi-interest column on QRZ?

N6YW likes this.
  7. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

True and then some.

We should set an example.

If one disagrees with a technical point please do not make it into a personal matter. This IS hobby radio after all.

If someone has baggage from the past please check it at the door.

Leave that for the "accomplished" elsewhere.

Another point is if you never (or almost never) hear someone on the air think twice about their advice.

KX5JT and KD6CUB like this.
  8. KE5GBC

KE5GBC Ham Member QRZ Page

during my ado with Don the other night,he told me about this forum so I'm checking it out.

Someone made a comment about with AM it's the quality of the conversation and that's what made this sidebander start hanging out on 3885 as I'm up all night . I find some nights its active all night and some not so much.

Not sure how much I can be here as I'm more into yahoo group email forums but we'll see.

73 from Texas
    Mike R

KD6CUB and N6YW like this.
  9. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Discussions and disagreements with some folks often get nasty. This is the kind of thing that ended up with lots of folks burned alive over how many angels could dance on the head of a pin.

10. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

My little DDS/digital modulator (K8KJG/KennethKit) for use with my modified DX-60B is another crazy project. (It is what I intend to use build an SA-602/NE-602 for an AM modulator that can feed the linear amplifier 6CLC/6146B so I can talk to you guys.

Is K8KJG selling these???