ad: Schulman-1

The LONGEST DX? Possible Alien Signal from Proxima Centauri

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W1YW, Dec 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm...shall we call this star to star service...

7G?

:->

2. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

With equipment made by LG, which stands for Lucky Goldstar.

N0TZU and W1YW like this.
  3. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

wonder how long your qsl would take to get here? via the boro?

4. W9CWC

W9CWC Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe a new ham fooling around with his/her nano vna.

5. KA4TMT

KA4TMT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"They then receive transmissions from an alien source on how to create endless fuel effortlessly" I hope we dont follow their advice on DNA splicing!

6. F4INS

F4INS Ham Member QRZ Page

"wobbling up and down the radio dial"
    Someone is heating burritos in their camper van microwave oven, on a roundabout.

KA4DPO likes this.
  7. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Its fairly simple that there are no aliens with radio technology.

Our (earths) RF shell or horizon so to speak is about 120 light years out there.

Within 120 light years, there are hundreds of stars and probably many with planets.

If we haven't heard anything by now, or there has been not attempt by the aliens to visit us, we never will meaning the aliens are not interested or don't know how to dip a plate.

8. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have it on good authority that the Alpha Centaurians are cranky SOB's, that signal was their way of asking us to PSE QSY.

I don't blame them since they have probably seen our nightly news programs from 2016 by now.:D

F4INS likes this.
  9. N3HGB

N3HGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A HUGE amount of the Universe is outside the 120 LY bubble. OTOH anyone with faster-than-light drive would be all over the place, so they must swing by, watch the news, and go as fast as they can away from the "planet of the crazy people" :rolleyes:

KA4DPO, K0DD and W1YW like this.
  10. F4INS

F4INS Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't we need half of that time for the return path ? It would make a 60 LY bubble of not interested aliens

KA4DPO likes this.
  11. W5OTR

W5OTR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am just becoming reasonably proficient with international morse code, at 40 years old, I'm not sure I'm up to learning intergalactic morse code...

K8PG, KK4CUL, F4INS and 1 other person like this.
  12. N4MIT

N4MIT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

KG5THG likes this.
  13. VE7DXW

VE7DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

the only trouble is you have to wait about 9 years to get an answer....LOL

14. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So we go key down on 7GHz at 100 KW or more for a decade or so, and then we find out they're out there.... after they call in an AIR STRIKE for us QRMing their 7 Gig ham band with Buzz and HUM... THEN we get about 10 years of OO reports dumped on the front porch from the Intergalactic Radio Relay League... But we cant decipher them because the characters look like cross of Russian, Chinese, Japanese characters interspersed with Pictographs off Egyptian Temples, intermixed with Mayan, and Cave drawings. With most of them looking like a Human Stick Figure with a Giant Alien Torg standing behind it cutting his head off with a big sword... and flying saucers with laser blasts blowing up skyscrapers. Basically we begin having a really bad day... Erika DD

F4INS likes this.
  15. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wonder how many Green Stamps I need to enclose for a return QSL card?

K8PG, F4INS and K0DD like this.