ad: elecraft

The Legendary Mobile (Alabama) Hamfest is Almost Here! April 23, 2022

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by W4NNF, Mar 2, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The Mobile Hamfest has been held at least since the end of WWII--and probably longer...our club goes back to 1933, but early records are sketchy. And we've really striven the last few years (we were actually able to hold it in 2021) to return it to its former glory. I believe we have succeeded.

What everybody wants to know about? THE PRIZES! Stay tuned! I'll be announcing them right here this coming Friday morning. But I can guarantee you'll want tickets!

Are you a vendor? We want you there and will do our best to help you be there!

upload_2022-3-2_9-54-41.png

2. W4NNF

OK, here's the PRIZE REVEAL. As last year, we had some problems with gear availability and had to do some changing and juggling. However, I think we have a good lineup. I know I'd be happy to win any of this! And the thing is...somebody is going to win this cool stuff. Why shouldn't that somebody be you?

Note the change to the testing schedule by the NF4J South Alabama VE Team. Start time is 8am, NOT, 9am, and the Team will keep going till 11am..

upload_2022-3-4_8-30-33.jpeg

3. W4NNF

Just a reminder, folks. We are just over two weeks out from the MOBILE HAMFEST. Please reserve your tables NOW or risk disappointment (see the flier above). See you on Saturday, April 23!

Rod,
    W4NNF,
    President, Mobile Amateur Radio Club

upload_2022-4-8_9-1-9.jpeg

N1VAU likes this.
  4. W4NNF

Wanna do a good turn today? For your Hamfest Chair and Committee and Club Officers? And maybe yourself?
    If you think you want a table, call Dave, KK4JJM (251)802-6588, and reserve one (or more) NOW. Today, that is. Doing so instead of waiting for the day of the event will have several beneficial effects:

• It will make us feel better about table sales.
    • You won't run the risk of disappointment if all tables are gone by the 23rd (as they were last year).
    • It makes getting you to your table(s) quicker on hamfest day. We don't have to fool around finding a spot for you, recording your name, etc. We'll have all that taken care of and all you'll have to do is pony-up the bucks.
    See y'all at the hamfest on Saturday the 23rd. Never been to the Abba Shrine Center? It's easy to find, but talk-in will be on:

146.940, Negative Offset, no tone (WB4QEV).

Thanks and 73,
    Rod Mollise
    W4NNF

upload_2022-4-15_15-26-48.png

5. W4NNF

Mobile Hamfest PRESENTATIONS...

This year we've got...

Radio Sport (9am)
    ARES (10am)

Both by Alabama ARRL SECM Roger Parsons, KK4UDU.

We also will have a RTTY forum (time to be determined).

And probably a couple more besides.

We have an area near the stage set aside for forums and presentations. As with anything else, just ask a MARC member (there will always be a couple of us in the area of the stage) if you need direction.

Finally, I've been asked about food/drinks. We are lucky that food service is provided by the Shriners, who have a full kitchen. Their chow is good, reasonably priced, and quite a step up from hamfest burgers and dogs burned--err..."cooked"--by yours truly!

See you this coming Saturday, 23 April!

Thanks and 73,
    Rod Mollise
    President, Mobile Amateur Radio Club

upload_2022-4-17_13-21-15.jpeg

upload_2022-4-17_13-22-16.jpeg

upload_2022-4-17_13-23-1.jpeg

6. K4NWD

K4NWD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had looked forward to attending this Hamfest from the day the date was announced. Alas, life got in the way. The water well I'd been nursing along went belly-up yesterday (22April) and all my hamfest money went literally down the hole to get it fixed. :(:mad:

Hope to see you all in the fall....

W4NNF likes this.
  7. W4NNF

Thanks to everybody who attended and helped out at the 2022 Mobile Hamfest! See you next time!

Rod Mollise
    W4NNF

upload_2022-4-24_10-45-11.jpeg