ad: Schulman-1

The KF5INZ "Easy Digi" digital mode interface for sound card modes

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by N5CEY, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KB1WLY

KB1WLY Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently received my Easy Digi interface for use with my 2M go-kit. Quality workmanship and fast turnaround time. It does what they say, has great documentation, and are quick to answer any questions. Good work, guys! Thanks! Will KB1WLY

2. N5CEY

N5CEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Easy Digi and TS-2000 ACC2 JACK.

We have had several folks who couldn't get their Easy Digi to work using the TS-2000 ACC2 jack
    We borrowed a TS-2000 this weekend and got it to work using the following settings:

Brought the 2000 home, plugged the interface into it, and it worked just fine.

Here are the menu settings on the ts-2000:

Menu: 50A: OFF

50B: 4

50C: 9

50D: 4

50E: MAIN - main band; External TNC

50F: 1200bps - 1200 BPS - Data transfer Rate; External TNC

55: off - packet operation

POWER: 85

MIC GAIN: 100

CARRIER: 100

Hope this clears up some TS-2000 issues.
    73, Clifford N5CEY / Chris KF5INZ

3. WD4RCS

WD4RCS Ham Member QRZ Page

How about Ten Tec Scout? Will it work
    WD4RCS

4. N5CEY

Ten Tec Scout - will work - simple interface!
    Thanks for the question!

5. KF7YRF

KF7YRF Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently purchased an Easy Digi interface kit to use with my Icom IC-735. The kit was easy to build with clear instructions on how to hook it up to a radio/computer. I did have a question on how to connect it to the ACC-1 interface on my radio, and Clifford was quick to respond with a drawing. The interface looks good and works great!

6. WB7DKZ

WB7DKZ Ham Member QRZ Page

14-Nov-2012. I have gone mobile with the Easy Digi and my Yaesu 857d. Could not be easier! Plug and play, on the air after a few menu changes, about 15 minutes. First qso with Iowa from Illinois, then to France for a nice 15 minute qso. Could not be easier. I have a more expensive interface at the home QTH and wonder why I spent twice as much for that one. I remember now, PSK was made to be very easy to hook up and use the computers sound card. Like the Easy Digi does. WB7DKZ

7. KD4E

KD4E Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to interface to a Yaesu FT-450D from a laptop with a serial port (really) and also from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone.

Can my cellphone be interfaced?

What cables do I need, please?

Thanks! & 73, KD4E David

8. N5CEY

Thought I had replied to that yesterday, guess I didn't press all the right buttons!
    Anyhow, Yaesu FT-450D to serial port lap top - Piece of cake
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Phone would take an interface of it's own (if it would work). I know that we can do Iphones etc., and Androids. If your phone uses the android operating system we would be good to go - Same radio?
    Contact me via my regular email: cliffordwareham1 at juno dot com

9. WB8ROL

WB8ROL Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wanted to say that I am 100% satisfied with my order of 2 of Easy-Digi interfaces. Gave one to my brother and kept one for myself. Took me a short while to wire up the cables, etc. AND it worked like a charm on the first try. Great interface and so so SO glad you offer these for such a dynamite price!!!

Using it on a FT-2600M 2mtr mobile rig (in the shack on base operation). It has a serial port on back of the rig SO I used that instead of the microphone connector for all the connections to the rig. That way, I can keep the microphone hooked up. Works out great for local emmcomm net so I can switch back and forth from digi (MT63 and Olivia) modes to voice with little effort.

---Gary WB8ROL

10. N5CEY

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the resounding success of our line of interface modules - over 700 sold to date and the orders just keep coming. Thanks again for your support and in many cases, duplicate purchases!

Technical issue:
    ICOM-730 and Easy Digi compatibility problem
    We have had two instances of customers with ICOM-730'S having difficulty making the Easy Digi interface work with the '730.
    Working with these customers, we have determined that the problem is with the PTT line.
    Further analysis shows that the 730 PTT line draws between 70 and 80 ma (current hog relay coils) when PTT is active, and this amount of current is too much for the 4N25 optocoupler.
    There is a work-around which involves placing a transistor in a darlington configuration with the output transistor of the 4N25 opto.
    Anyone needing hookup information can contact me, N5CEY, cliffordwareham1 at juno.com

With that, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

73, N5CEY and KF5INZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.