The KF5INZ "Easy Digi" digital mode interface for sound card modes

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by N5CEY, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N5CEY

N5CEY Ham Member QRZ Page

2. N5CEY

Hi again Tom ....
    Duhhh....you said TS-440 in a previous post right?

3. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, the radio is a TS-440SAT set it up for USB port. and add the audio cables you mentioned. that maked the total $48 correct?

4. N5CEY

need to add the $5.15 for the postman.
    let me know to build it. I take paypal at cliffordwareham1 at juno dot com - I can invoice you through paypal, or let me know how you wish to pay.
    Clifford

5. K9ASE

post #24 says $34.95+$5.15 shipping + $8 =$48.10

6. N5CEY

Hi Tom,
    I stand corrected. Sorry for mis-understanding.
    Clifford

7. K9ASE

email with info on it's way

8. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a nifty little device! I requested one modified from the original design (instead of cables already installed, I requested headphone mini-jacks in place of the audio in/out areas and the ability to adjust the attenuation from the PC to the rig). Clifford is very very responsive and has amazing turnaround once he knows what you're looking for.

I have a laptop that has very little audio output so my Rigblaster PNP was cutting the signal down too much (making my output from my TS-440 less than half a watt). Direct from the laptop to the rig was overdriving. I needed something to split the difference and I'm just getting my feet wet on the whole soldering thing. I pinged Clifford and he knew exactly what I needed and hooked me right up! I'm rolling in the PSK contacts one after the other again thanks to his help! If you need an interface, Clifford is definitely your guy.

Thanks!

Pic of the interface:

[​IMG]

In action:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  9. KJ4RZZ

KJ4RZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This is true.. but also, don't forget the Signalink is also it's own USB sound card... so no system sounds going through the radio.

But agree VOX seems to work fine for this. This is a nice little board for $15!

10. WA6TKD

WA6TKD Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you sure the output transistor of the optoisolator will work ok with the -60vdc PTT keying voltage used by the TS-520SE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.