The (K1T) Special Event Station count down to July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by N6QIC, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-BCInc
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was doing my prep for dinner. 2200 I'll probably be serving it. But,hey I can sneak away it's not a holiday :)

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

So how about I just call you at 2200? (directly). This is not a contest and schedules are totally fine by me.

Or another time - now? in 15 minutes? You name it.... I'm here :)

Dave
    W7UUU

@K9ASE

N7ANN likes this.
  3. K9ASE

15 min sounds good I'm at 14.264 now

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Will call you right now!!!

N7ANN likes this.
  5. W7UUU

Glad to get you in the log Tom!!!

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

6. K9ASE

Thanks me too. The fettuccine and cream sauce turned out good:)

W5BIB, WA4BCS and W7UUU like this.
  7. W7UUU

And that's all she wrote!!! K1T is now in the history books.... very lackluster band performance I gotta say - but I'm very happy with my 648 contacts in the log. Many of them became very nice long QSOs, sharing old Heathkit stories and even a few "Former Hams at Heath" along the way.

Worked 47 states (never got DE, RI or VT) and a measly 7 DX entities. Band conditions just stunk for this event, following the big solar storm the weekend it began - it just never really got better until this last Thursday, when I had over 100 contacts in just a few hours. That only happened once.

But I got LOTS of my QRZ friends in the log in both CW and SSB - that was really nice! I'm glad I was able to get some long-time friends logged for the event.

Also had lots of technical glitches along the way - still need to fix the AGC issue on the SB-101 and some other niggling things that crept in. Overall though, I consider it a success.

NOTE: QSL cards will go to the printer once I know about how many to print - only about 100 SASE requests so far, and only about 10 for the certificate. So I'll need to wait probably 2 weeks before ordering so please be patient until I get close to a final count.

Thanks to all who were able to participate!! :)

LoTW and QRZ uploads later tonight... gotta get outta the shack!!!

Dave
    W7UUU (The ham formerly known as K1T)

upload_2017-8-5_17-8-18.png

N7ANN, W9KKB, WJ4U and 2 others like this.
  8. W7UDI

W7UDI Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave,

Congrats on the K1T Special Event. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Sorry I was unable to work you. The pitfalls of being a bit too close. Now go relax, and take Anne out for a nice dinner. Without our wife's support, some of these projects would never happen.

Steve
    W7UDI

W5BIB likes this.
  9. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WELL DONE Dave :D (you define the word "Perseverance")

Steve / W5BIB

K9ASE and W7UUU like this.
  10. W7UUU

Thanks Steve - sorry it didn't work out to get in the log - but JUST GOT HOME from a nice dinner out with Anne N7ANN :)

And thanks too for the several Skype calls getting lights and camera angles right for the Ham Nation show.

This was a really fun event, despite the lackluster propagation gods. I have no regrets.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.