ad: M2Ant-1

The (K1T) Special Event Station count down to July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by N6QIC, Jun 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was doing my prep for dinner. 2200 I'll probably be serving it. But,hey I can sneak away it's not a holiday :)

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So how about I just call you at 2200? (directly). This is not a contest and schedules are totally fine by me.

Or another time - now? in 15 minutes? You name it.... I'm here :)

Dave
    W7UUU

@K9ASE

3. K9ASE

15 min sounds good I'm at 14.264 now

4. W7UUU

Will call you right now!!!

5. W7UUU

Glad to get you in the log Tom!!!

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

6. K9ASE

Thanks me too. The fettuccine and cream sauce turned out good:)

W5BIB, WA4BCS and W7UUU like this.
  7. W7UUU

And that's all she wrote!!! K1T is now in the history books.... very lackluster band performance I gotta say - but I'm very happy with my 648 contacts in the log. Many of them became very nice long QSOs, sharing old Heathkit stories and even a few "Former Hams at Heath" along the way.

Worked 47 states (never got DE, RI or VT) and a measly 7 DX entities. Band conditions just stunk for this event, following the big solar storm the weekend it began - it just never really got better until this last Thursday, when I had over 100 contacts in just a few hours. That only happened once.

But I got LOTS of my QRZ friends in the log in both CW and SSB - that was really nice! I'm glad I was able to get some long-time friends logged for the event.

Also had lots of technical glitches along the way - still need to fix the AGC issue on the SB-101 and some other niggling things that crept in. Overall though, I consider it a success.

NOTE: QSL cards will go to the printer once I know about how many to print - only about 100 SASE requests so far, and only about 10 for the certificate. So I'll need to wait probably 2 weeks before ordering so please be patient until I get close to a final count.

Thanks to all who were able to participate!! :)

LoTW and QRZ uploads later tonight... gotta get outta the shack!!!

Dave
    W7UUU (The ham formerly known as K1T)

upload_2017-8-5_17-8-18.png

W9KKB, KJ4VTH, N6QIC and 1 other person like this.
  8. W7UDI

W7UDI Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave,

Congrats on the K1T Special Event. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Sorry I was unable to work you. The pitfalls of being a bit too close. Now go relax, and take Anne out for a nice dinner. Without our wife's support, some of these projects would never happen.

Steve
    W7UDI

W5BIB likes this.
  9. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WELL DONE Dave :D (you define the word "Perseverance")

Steve / W5BIB

K9ASE and W7UUU like this.
  10. W7UUU

Thanks Steve - sorry it didn't work out to get in the log - but JUST GOT HOME from a nice dinner out with Anne N7ANN :)

And thanks too for the several Skype calls getting lights and camera angles right for the Ham Nation show.

This was a really fun event, despite the lackluster propagation gods. I have no regrets.

Dave
    W7UUU