ad: Schulman-1

The (K1T) Special Event Station count down to July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N6QIC, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Dave,
    Will you be on 40 meter SSB on Sunday or Monday the 23rd and 24th? If so can you give the aprox time and frequency. I look forward to talking to you.

Thank's Dave,
    Lisa

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

14.050 - 14.060
    7.042 - 7.052
    7.110 - 7.112 from the Novice Corner on the DX-20
    3.540 - 3.550

All CW will be on the UTC Odd hours

I'll check 15 and 10 from time to time but I don't expect much out of either band. But I will keep 28.400 on DX Maps watching for any openings and even despite openings, I will call at least 10 minutes every SSB hour on 10m for any technicians that want a contact, even if they are locals.

SSB will be on the UTC Even Hours around 14.065 to 14.05. TBD if I'll do 40m or 75m SSB - too much summer noise where I live and I hate to call CQ and have a zillion stations answering that I can't even pull out of the noise. 75 and 40m SSB frequencies will have to wait until I'm actually going to try - just depends entirely on the noise situation.

In the shack now getting the SA-5010 and HD-8999 Ultrapro Keyer keyers programmed and making sure all gear is ready to roll...

Just a few hours to go!! :eek:

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Hi Lisa,

Yes I'll be on 40 both nights - SSB on the UTC Even hours but not until later (8 PM PDT). But I won't know the frequencies until the time comes, due to the summer noise situation. I live in a pretty noisy semi-urban environment and in the summer, the lower bands can be a bear until much later in the evening. ALL operation will be in the General portion of the band, and in the Tech portion on 10m

Tonight I do plan to be on pretty late - up to 11:30 PDT or so most likely, if conditions permit.

I really hope to get you in the log, Lisa!

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and N6QIC like this.
  4. W7UUU

On the air - 14.255 USB.... 15 more minutes of SSB then off to CW

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  5. KA7FTP

KA7FTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave it was AWESOME to work you the first hour that you are working K1T, both SSB and CW. Sorry for my sloppy fist... On CW I mentioned that my first rig was an HW16 when I was a Novice in the 70's. (WN7CER). I remember what a thrill it was to be on the air. Good luck! I will try for more contacts.

len

6. W7UUU

Sure would have liked better band conditions :(

Where's all the CW love? Doing reasonably well on 20 SSB as the band is finally actually opening here - but nothing on CW....

I did work Pat WA6MHZ on SSB though :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  7. W7UUU

I really HATE these band conditions!!! :(:(

57 stations logged - but just awful propagation compared to even the last couple of months. Stations go from S9+++ to S3 in 30 seconds. 40m right now is running S9 noise - I can't even begin to call CQ into S9 noise. Hoping it goes down a little later.

So back to 20m shortly - see if the band is finally getting some oomph to it, and will try the low bands later tonight.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  8. W7UUU

Only 63 stations logged :(

40m is miserable, 20 was pretty poor - I really wish I had the propagation we had even just a few weeks ago. Maybe it will pick up.

But not the sort of start I had hoped for.

Gonna give it a break for a while tonight and see if things pick up.

Thanks for all those 63 at least that made it into my log in the last few hours.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and N6QIC like this.
  9. N6QIC

If you check into the Noontime Net 7.283.5, and tell them about your Special event they will announce to everyone the frequency that you will be on.

40 meters is always good for me during the day to Northern Cal, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Colorado etc. I find that for me, between 10am and 1:00pm local time is usually the best for 40 meters even on a bad day. I will be listening for you on 40 meters.:)

10. N6QIC

How are you logging the calls? You should be able to set up a QRZ logbook for the call K1T in your w7uuu logbook. Then you can Just switch back and forth. Once setup just select the K1t logbook.

help1.jpg

11. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Great to work U, Dave!!! You sounded wonderful and having alotta fun!!!! Now I need to find U on CW! Not sure if you are doing any digital or RTTY.
    Thanks, Dave!!!

12. W7UUU

Likewise Pat! But no RTTY or digital other than CW. I doubt the old rigs would be stable enough for JT modes and the duty cycle of RTTY would probably be more taxing than they can take. So just SSB & Digital.

Just having Sunday coffee - will hit the airwaves at 04:00 UTC and see what the bands are like today

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  13. W7UUU

Hi Lisa - I'm logging everything into a fresh N3FJP file. I will export the ADIF to LoTW K1T account when I'm done with the event. I will set up a K1T logbook in QRZ (I didn't know I could do that until I read your post!) and import from LoTW K1T into QRZ K1T.

Musical chairs :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  14. W7UUU

40 meters right now is running S9 noise level, across the band :( I'll see if I can even hear the net. Normally I can but not so sure today.

20/15/10 are all dead as a doornail.

Just going to have to wait until I get some propagation on 20 meters.

VERY disappointing start to my event :(

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  15. N6RGR

N6RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave:

Checked the beacons and DxSummit and only saw you were on a few times. Conditions have been horrible! I am trying to get the hexbeam mounted on a push-up Rohn in the next few days. It has been hotter than hell here the last few days (Sierra foothills between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe), so working with hot metal not much fun!

I will try with my dipole later, usually get an acceptable signal on 40 and pretty good on 20 meters.

GL OM, CU on air.

Roger N6RGR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.