The (K1T) Special Event Station count down to July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by N6QIC, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You BLEW MY EARS OFF with that new Vee Jim!!! OUCH!!

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN and W9JEF like this.
  2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

It's cuz we're so close... about 50 miles. 10m would likely work better. I have that band covered w/ 3 el at 72' AGL, and a Cushcrafty AR10 ver-tickle at 83' AGL.

It's funny that we can't work each other on 20m but, last night, I had a roundtable on 40m w/ two stations in Mariana Islands (Guam & Saipan). They were LOUD and said I was too. Maybe having yagis helped a bit. ;)
    I called right after Jim signed. He was indeed loud. :)

W9JEF likes this.
  3. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Saw you spotted tonight and heard a couple of guys calling you Dave, first one and then the other. Then they gave up and just started talking to each other. Not sure if you were in there somewhere since they are in NC and WV, I think, so much closer to me. They went on about how they call & call and they can't hear you, and just decided to hang out and chit-chat on the same frequency. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  4. W9JEF

W9JEF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, Dave. The vee is the NW and SW legs of the 80 meter turnstile. The first time was on the half-wave inverted L, hanging off the NW leg. Running about 450 watts.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yeah, well... guess how I feel :(

This very rig and very beam just 2 short weeks ago worked the WORLD.... for the last year actually. Then that stupid solar event thingy hit and BAM.

333 QSOs in the log - that's it so far. I've never worked so hard to pull out so many 339 and 3x3 signals ever - it's QSO after QSO. Just a couple of weeks ago tonight, I yakked on 20m SSB with a ZL for almost half an hour, "arm chair copy".

Sigh. But I just keep on keeping on. I have almost a full week more to go, and by God I want to at least hit 1000 QSOs during this event.

Just really disheartening, after two years in planning :(

PS - Even hour UTC, now on 7.2225 LSB (LOTS of static crashes but overall noise is only S4 or so....)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  6. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah , saw , heard ya. but I got mine so letting the others in . Rough is not the word. Did you like, piss off the deity of the week or something ?

Dennis AF7XT

7. W7UUU

Yeah, well... I must have pissed off someone

Geez - two years in the planning and restoration of all these rigs... at 336 logged in a WEEK? :eek:

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  8. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave,
    Pro

9. W6NYA

W6NYA Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard you calling CQ in So Cal yesterday on 20 but QSB was REALLY bad and your signal was really distorted from it. --Fortunately I worked you earlier last week. Hang in there. It cant get worse, it can only get better!!!

W7UUU likes this.
  10. W7UUU

Last night was super promising - I had a number of good ol'fashioned pileups on both CW and SSB. Signals were distant and strong, and most importantly the QSB was not as fierce as it's been. Hoping this week continues the trend for the last week of K1T to get as many into the log that I know want to be there.

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN, AF7XT, N2EY and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.