The Hamstation.....

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AK4BM, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AK4BM

AK4BM Ham Member QRZ Page

I know this part of the board is for bad transactions with people....here is my story....

I stopped at The Hamstation while on a business trip to Evansville, IN. The most important item I was looking for was a Heil adapter for and 857d to use my ProSet during an upcoming camping expedition (radio was the focus of the trip).

The part was not in stock. I paid for it, and a balun, and the owner said he would ship it out the following Monday.

After I didn't receive the adapter for several days after it was promised to be delivered, I called the shop. Apparently the part didn't come in......I received no phone call informing me that the part didn't arrive. I asked them to refund my payment for the part.

A week later, and several emails to The Hamstation, I still haven't received a refund.

I guess I will confront them face to face at the hamfest and see if I can get a refund that way.

Beware of The Hamstation......there are better retailers out there who care about their customers.

Robert
    AK4BM

2. AK4BM

AK4BM Ham Member QRZ Page

I forgot to follow up with the results of this issue. The owner finally sent me a refund after numerous emails to him.....all in all, the issue was resolved.

3. KJ4RBN

KJ4RBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wanted to say that I have had some very good luck with Dan at the Ham Station. There are places that you can get stuff for less money, but Dan is in business to make money. I once bought a used radio from The Ham Station, got it home, and it just didn't work right. I called Dan back after a couple of weeks, and he did the right thing right away, and credited me towards another radio. One thing I like about Dan is that he remembers you and can call you by name anytime. He even remember the radio that you bought from him. I'm not far from the Ham Station, and if I want something TODAY, I know I can go get it even if I pay just a little bit more from there. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with him, but I just wanted to say that I have had some very good experiences with the Ham Station!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.