ad: M2Ant-1

The Grid and Prefix Award Program (GAPA)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jun 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

The Grid and Prefix Award Program (GAPA)

The Grid and Prefix Award Program (GAPA) is proud to present the most detailed and comprehensive Digital Awards Program available today. This series is offered to both Radio Amateurs and SWL Operators.

Awards offered by GAPA fall into two major categories based on call sign prefixes and grid square locations.

Popular digital modes such as FT, JT, RTTY and PSK can be used to earn individual awards and as award endorsements. The program also encourages the use of other modes like T10, Throb, SSTV and Hell. Contacts can be confirmed through use of LOTW, eQSL, QRZ or direct QSLs. Awards are based on operator contacts, not an operator’s location.

The Prefix Award is earned by working digital mode stations with different prefixes from around the world. A basic award begins with submission of 50 to 400 unique prefixes based on the mode used. Additional endorsements then can be added for different bands, modes and continents worked.

Grid square awards begin with a basic award that requires 50 to 300 unique grid square locators depending on the mode used. Additional endorsement can be added for band, mode and continent worked.

A separate portion of the GAPA Program is based on confirming a specified number of unique grid square locators within a specific political entity or subdivision that are used to earn a certificate bar. These bars can be for individual countries or specific US States or Provinces and Districts within Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Italy, United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands and Japan. There are many 'one-grid-countries', such as Heard Island, Aruba, or Guam; however, many larger and more populated countries require multiple grids such as 20 grids for Brazil or 10 grids for Poland. The GAPA Program provides attractive collector sheets where the bars can be affixed.

Amateurs that collect all the bars associated with a collector’s sheet qualify for GAPA’s top achievement, our series of Pinnacle Awards. Some of the awards include working 100 countries (DXCC), all US States, all Provinces of Canada and Districts of Japan. Amateurs that complete a Pinnacle Award are also recognized online with the GAPA OnLine Digital Award Record (OLAR).

We invite you take to a look at the GAPA Program’s Certificate Family Tree page http://www.gapawards.com/grid/awards_tree.html to examine the certificates offered and see some examples of certificates with their band and continent endorsement stickers. GAPA has a group on the GroupsIO site at https://groups.io/g/GAPA.

For further information contact Ernie Mills WM2U or Rich Kennedy K3VAT. Email addresses for both are found on the gapawards.com or qrz.com websites.

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2019/june/the-grid-and-prefix-award-program.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VE3PQ, KT5WB and W2CSI like this.
  2. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like fun Thanks for the information on the New award program.

3. YC5YC

YC5YC Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool:cool:

4. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a great awards program.

5. W8DMX

W8DMX Ham Member QRZ Page

nice to have that on the wall

6. KK5NTL

KK5NTL Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a great program but I am unsure of how to produce a spreadsheet as shown in the example. I am logging on HRD and loading to eQSL and QRZ.
    Thanks 73
    Steve
    KK6NTL

7. CT1BXX

CT1BXX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi.

Although I am not working this award yet, I would like to inform that last SwissLog version 5.99b is prepared to handle GAPA Award.
    In case it may interest here is the link:

https://swisslogforwindows.com/english/Frame_EN.htm

73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX

8. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know if HRD will do it, but I use Aether and saved my log as a comma delimited file, then modified it in Excel.