The Extra Test

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KA5ROW, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5YOZ

N5YOZ Guest

DITTO! . . . Me? I'm going for Extra

2. W6ONV

W6ONV Ham Member QRZ Page

The FCC exams do nothing to really prepare to "get on the air." It does give good information into the theory, electronics, operating and rules of the hobby, but really it does nothing but scratch the surface. I upgraded and still had many unanswered questions, as I would think many individuals have.

JIMMYDREAMS, I suggest doing what works for you when it comes to studying and test taking. Personally I did not want to put undo stress and pressure on myself to know and understand all the material for Element 4. Since that information was not needed to pass the test, then I opt to pass the test and continue with my hobby at my pace, learning as I go.

Good luck!

3. W0DV

W0DV Ham Member QRZ Page

my condolences

4. KA5ROW

KA5ROW Ham Member QRZ Page

I will pass my Extra. If you want something bad enough you will get it. I am studying the book and taking sample test. I took a few sample test with no study and got 50 to 55 % now after a week of study I get 60 to 92% depending on the test. I only have a month available for study. Once I am back at work and working 72 to 84 hrs a week again, study time will be severely limited. :D

5. KD7EIR

KD7EIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Study for the test anyway that you want. HOW a person obtains their license has NOTHING to do with the quality of that person as a ham.

Some of the most egregious violators of the law and spirit of ham radio have come from the ranks of the 5-13-20 WPM/pre-question pool era.

It is the INTEGRITY of the person that will determine their worth to ham radio, not the avenue of entry.

6. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I deleted several posts that were unnecessary and personal attacks. Please keep your comments to the issues at hand and do not engage in personal attacks. Those who refuse to head this advice will lose their posting privileges.

............Bob

7. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Final notice

To reiterate what Bob has just posted--any further personal attacks, denigration of other members, or insults will be met with an immediate ban--the period of time to be determined by the idiocy of the post. One has already met that fate--don't follow this path as it has a sure and certain outcome...

Copy clear?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  8. N5YOZ

N5YOZ Guest

MORE DITTOS!

9. K6JJH

K6JJH Ham Member QRZ Page

Even MORE dittos!

One step at a time!!! :p

10. N5YOZ

N5YOZ Guest

That's the only test I have left! That and learning code because I want to learn code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.