The Dumbedt Mistake I've Ever Made

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K1KTF, Jul 30, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: K3QNTad-1
  1. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Next best thing....purchased a new 2-C and 2NT in 1966/67 and sold them along with many rigs over the years. Now have a restored 2-C and 2NT in fact have a second 2NT on the bench to go with a 2B enjoy doing the restorations and make for good cold weather projects.

Here's a shot of 2NT (#1) when it was being restored.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. N2SUB

N2SUB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve, I feel your pain. I had to sell my one and only rig, a Yaesu FT-1000MP during some lean years because we had to pay the mortgage. I loved that rig so much, I couldn't take it to UPS to be shipped. My XYL did it for me. It was my first "real" radio, but when life happens you've got to do what you've got to do. These days when I see them at hamfests I always look to see if it's my old rig. I recall that it went to a guy in Seattle, but I never could track him down to try and buy it back when greener pastures came along. These days a used FT-1000MP sells for more than what I paid for mine when it was new. But, I still look and still get a little choked up when one goes up for sale. :(

3. K1KTF

K1KTF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you so much for sharing your Yaesu FT-1000MP story.

I was thinking about buying another pair of the "Drakes" but it just wouldn't be the same.

Thank you so much once again.

73~Steve (K1KTF)

4. K1KTF

Dave:
    It's like dating your ex girlfriend's twin sister. It may feel the same but only you would know the truth.

Thanks for listening.

73~Steve (K1KTF)

5. N1CZ

N1CZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I loved my used 2B/2BQ & then my new R4C ... but never again. The game is different when you can see way up the band or on different bands where the activity is and what kind. Running blind has no place for me now. Give me SDR & touch screens baby.

Sorry for sounding irreverent

K1KTF likes this.
  6. K1KTF

Bravo!
    Great job on keeping the "Drake" memories alive!

73!~Steve (K1KTF)

K3XR likes this.
  7. K1KTF

LOL!
    That's what's great about amateur radio and life...there's different perspectives. Some folks are phone operators and some enjoy CW.

Thanks for your thoughts and listening.

73~Steve (K1KTF)

K3XR likes this.
  8. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know. I built an HW-101 as a teen in the 1970s. Loved that rig. Went inactive a few years later and sold it. Fast forward to 2015 and I'm active again. I bought somebody else's unloved HW-101 (and many other old tube rigs) that had some hack mods. Got it fix up and it's my favorite rig to operate. Do I wish I had the one I built back in the day? Nah. I never give it a second thought. I bought this one and made it my own.

N2EY and K1KTF like this.
  9. K1KTF

Thanks for the dose of optimism which is much appreciated.

73~Steve (K1KTF)

10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Recreating a station from your early days in the hobby can bring back great memories hope you are successful locating the equipment you're looking for.

WD4IGX likes this.