The Colombian morse code song

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KC7JNJ, Jul 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Interesting - the Morse is right. Not sure the point really but they did a good job fitting it in.

Curious: Why all the chat about FARC all of the sudden?

Dave
    W7UUU

AF7ON likes this.
  3. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well it is how the internet works, (Smile) you find something interesting, and you end up following that trail for a bit then that leads to something else interesting. Before you know it you have gone down so many rabbet holes and your not in Kansas anymore lol. I love history and once I saw the photo of FARCs combat units using many 817s in the field in a wet environment it got my interest. I was trying to learn more about how Farc deployed their FT-817s in the field. I carried a PRC77 in the field, the 817 is not as tough as that. But they seem to be the using the 817 as their main field radio. While looking at this subject I learned that the Colombian army still taught CW to their troops in basic training as late as 2010. I find that interesting, it really does not have anything to do with the fact they are FARC it has do with finding something having to do with history. It this case it is some history about a radio many of us own and use in the field.

W7UUU likes this.