ad: AbAuRe-1

The Collins ART-13

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Jul 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

UJ:

It was the WRL Globe Champion transmitters before the Globe Champion 300 that all had 812A in the final amplifier stage. Starting with the Globe Champion 300, the transmitters had the AX-9909 tubes.

Glen, K9STH

2. AL7RU

AL7RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Well a decent enough looking ART-13 just showed up on Eflea but I'll have to drive to Massachusetts to pick it up. Anybody want to supervise shipping? The seller says pick up only.

3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Where in Taxachusetts?

4. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

i missed one for $85,yrs back. tried to trade a freq counter for it.i wanted it real bad ,the guy didnt budge!! it was at lake co. hamfest. im crying again now that you reminded me!
    i couldnt sell enuf quik enuf to get it,,,darn.

5. AL7RU

It's in Merrimac. Item #252502369532 My spell checker wants to add a K to the end of Merrimac and I don't think you have to do that.

6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats about a 45 minute drive without beach traffic for me. Doable if you cant find someone closer.

Other than the SO-239 hack it looks very clean.

7. AL7RU

Maybe I can talk him into a meet in the middle. I'll see. I assume you'll be driving from your NH address.

8. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

9. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Okay yooz guyz...
    If either of you end up with it, I think I have the placard holder door, and misc spare parts.
    Let me know.

10. AL7RU

Very cool beans. I've wanted one since the '90s when I first heard one on the air. I was told at the time that my Viking II sounded better than a fellow net member's ART-13 but that his signal was LOUDER. Hey, I got nothin' against loud! Maybe he was closer to the report giver or broadside to the antenna I don't know.