The C64

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by AB2YC, Apr 8, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KM4FVI

KM4FVI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Kaypro computers were the same design and Commodore made a similar version....

3F8700FA-F70F-4C6E-828A-DFAA6053667C.jpeg

KY4GD likes this.
  2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Had to lead me down that rabbit hole? Just spent the past two hours reading old posts from BBS sysops.

3. KY4GD

KY4GD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lol check out the LoD/H tech journals, early Phrack issues, and the text files by cDc. Ripco, Demon Roach Underground, etc. Great times.

4. KI5ONL

KI5ONL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

WOW -- My first real computer. There is an internet archivist collecting old software for the C-64 and the Amiga. Fun to run on emulators in Linux.

5. DL4QB

DL4QB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, yes that was my first computer...and I just had my VHF license and was experimenting around until I kinda wanted to try something digital and
    was suddenly connected to a digipeater completely clueless. A few commands and I was in a Convers...what is that?
    Oops...suddenly someone writes to me. From then on began a very intense, exciting and fun time in amateur radio.Packet radio in the time before WhatsApp and Smartphones.
    I remember it very much with pleasure. It's bad that it no longer exists in this form. The C64 was long time a part of this digi modes with me.

73 Andre

6. N3EG

N3EG Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a VIC-20 that I used to use on RTTY. Much quieter than the model 15 teletype I also had.

VE3CGA likes this.
  7. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Back then, with a 5 meg hard drive, you were looked upon as a God.

W7UUU likes this.
  8. N4DJC

N4DJC Ham Member QRZ Page

I had one, the BASIC code was the last one Bill Gates personally wrote. Used it for running statistical quality evaluations. Really powerful, for the time.