My first cell company used a Motorola EMX500 Switch with Motorola LD sites. I used a Model 100 to monitor the teleprinter line and if something went out of service, it would send commands to the switch to try to restore it to service. It would try 3 times and if it failed it would light a red light (tape motor control) and the night guard would call me. I could dial in from home to see if I needed to go into the center. The 100 program was called "little mutha". My second company used a Stromburg Carlson digital switch. I used the 100 to gather statistics on channel and trunk usage which I would dump once a month and use Lotus 123 to run a report on the data. I could compute Erlang usage, etc. The 100 was usable because I was only interested in the 10 busiest hour for each cell and trunk. Fun days.