The best cup of coffee

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by N3AWS, Jul 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WD5GWY

WD5GWY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I knew a truck driver several years ago who drank Red Bulls several times a day to stay awake. He was outside New Orleans when he started having pain in his lower back so bad he had to stop and call for help. Ambulance took him to the ER in New Orleans. Both of his Kidneys had swollen up to the point they were about to burst.
    Doctors told him it was from drinking so many Red Bulls. This was early morning and be had already had 4 Red Bulls in a row.
    I never have had one. And after him telling me what happened to him, I never wanted one
    James
    WD5GWY

KF5RRF likes this.
  2. K4NWD

K4NWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

But Red Bull gives you WIIIIINGS!

I didn't know they might be angel wings! :eek::(

WD5GWY, KF5RRF and KG4RRH like this.
  3. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I shouldn't admit to it, but I have certainly had heart palpitations from too many Red Bulls back when I worked in shared web hosting but also did some side consulting. I worked grave yard and got very little sleep. I would get off work around 10AM (I worked a strange overlapping 1AM-10AM) and then I would go to a local coffee shop where I would work on my side gigs while enjoying their bottomless cup of coffee.

I smoked then as well, one reason I went to that coffee shop was they still had outdoor seating with ash trays. It was good money on the side gig though. Easily an extra $1200 a month (for a kid who just moved to Austin and was renting a room all bills paid for $500 a month it was nice). But I didn't sleep much for 6-9 months.

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

49c for senior coffee, and it's pretty good!

WD5GWY and N3AWS like this.
  5. N3IOE

N3IOE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In my neck of the woods, McDonalds Corp. does not run most restaurants or set prices. Franchise prices vary. You can go to three Mickey D's within a mile of each other and pay three different prices for the same drink or sandwich. Senior hot coffee is 75-89c. Small ice coffee $2.00-$3.00
    Same with Dunkin, get a drink and drive ten minutes down the road and pay 75c more for the same drink at another franchise Dunkin.

6. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh hey, I used to go up to Central PA couple times a year, Spring & Fall.
    Rutters had pretty good coffee. Do you pronounce it Root-ers or Rut-ers?

N3AWS likes this.
  7. N3IOE

Oh, I forgot to mention, put another 6% on top of the prices I quoted. Pennsylvania sales tax. That small coffee that McDonalds nationally advertise at 99c is really only pennies less for a senior coffee.

N3AWS likes this.
  8. N3IOE

Pronounced Rut-ers.

9. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

I've heard it both ways.

Try driving through Amish Country with the windows rolled down, just after the manure has been spread in the fields. That'll wake you right up -- no coffee needed! :p

WD5GWY, KF5RRF and KG4RRH like this.
  10. N3IOE

That does open up your sinus!!

WD5GWY likes this.