ad: chuckmartin

The best cup of coffee

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by N3AWS, Jul 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

I "discovered" a new coffee.

It's Winklepicker from The Two Roosters in Roanoke, VA. I stumbled upon it while at the grocery store there getting stuff for dinner at my in-laws' the other weekend. The Two Roosters are a local company I hadn't heard of, so I bought a bag to bring to the beach this week.

Winklepicker is a dark roast, but with low acidity. Six heaping teaspoons in a standard sized drip coffee pot made a very rich and dark brew that is still smooth as silk. I may end up stocking up on this one.

Chris

N3AWS likes this.
  2. N1XDS

N1XDS QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

For the gentleman and ladies who drink Hawaiian/Kona coffee where do you purchase your coffee from? I am looking for recommendations thank you!

- Jamie

N3AWS and N9SOX like this.
  3. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

During my active duty time in the Navy, I had to add cream (probably condensed milk) and sugar to a cup of coffee. Only after I got married and paying good money for coffee did it occur to me that adding things made all coffees taste the same so I started with black coffee and haven't gone back. Wife likes Kona blends; I prefer dark roasts. Our son is always looking for new things to try. He's been through the Peet's "Major Dickason" blends. He and I like Green Mountain Double Diamond.

N3AWS likes this.
  4. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

well if your military coffee was anything like cans of pencil shavings that passed for coffee when I was in it had to be doctored to be drank. :confused: I think tabasco might have even helped it.

N3AWS likes this.
  5. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks interesting. TNX fer the link... However no sale for me due to not accepting PayPal...
    Been happy with what the XYL brings home - Aldi's dark roast with a matching scoop of Bustelo espresso.
    Good stuff on a budget... ;)

N3AWS likes this.
  6. N4QX

N4QX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've become a Nespresso addict since being gifted a machine a few years ago. The machine died about the beginning of the year. Nespresso comped me a replacement due to my stellar patronage in the capsule market.

Makes early morning remote ITU meetings tolerable.

N3AWS and WF7A like this.
  7. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

I second Nespresso--good stuff, but it's a little too expensive for us. The nice thing is that you can send back the pods for recycling so they don't end up in a landfill like disposable ones do...by the billions.

Jamie--all I can recommend is to shop Amazon and the better coffee sites for the real stuff--not a blend! Be prepared to open up your wallet since real Kona coffee is expensive.

N3AWS likes this.
  8. N3IOE

N3IOE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

N3AWS likes this.
  9. N9SOX

N9SOX Ham Member QRZ Page

Visited and ordered from here regularly.

Greenwell Farms in Kealakekua, Hawaii

https://www.greenwellfarms.com/

N3AWS and WF7A like this.
  10. M7TLT

M7TLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Milk, 2 sugars, drink it as it comes

N3AWS, SA1CKE, KJ5T and 1 other person like this.