ad: elecraft

The ARRL Letter, Vol 26, No 04

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N0EEC

N0EEC Ham Member QRZ Page

Isnt it funny how many times you have seen "I am bored with this " "I am Sick of this" and other statements concerning the code being removed from the testing..Why do they keep coming back and reading posts if they are sick of it,bored of it or tired of it.Maybe they should be on Myspace instead so they can find something more interesting..

2. K7LRB

K7LRB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KC0KD.... Good one!

3. KE7GGV

KE7GGV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok what is done is done...yet many think this is the end of the world...and CW goes away....remember just the requirement...and CW goes on....but maybe the FCC or whomever make the tests harder.....and show station set/up-operations a requirement...like OTHER countries....yet I feel being a new operator....needs guidance and a elmer...and ALL operators should have responibility with the new guidelines...when I was monitoring 80 meters...I was shocked of the rudeness and getting away with some language....yes thes were hams that been around...so if you are really worried about the new hams....what about the ones that break the rules...it goes both ways...

How are we supposed to learn the right things or examples if this happens....who do we turn to....you ask us to be cautious and such....and yes we do need to be held accountable....no wonder some hams are afraid to get on HF....because of this example...

Ok so throw in the towel....sell your equipment...no one is forcing you to quit.....that is your own choice...we are not asking you to do it...we need just get along...boy this debate is worse than the ones about religion....
    Again us new operators....need to be responsible...and even to the new ones that are going to use HF....on the first level.....you only use a few bands for CW ONLY...one section PHONE.....so new ones like me.....pay attention of the privlidges..that were given to us....we need to be thankful....I am not sucking up...but being real....we need to have a good reputation....I plan to use CW....I want to listen first of how things go before I jump in.....

Beforfe I get chewed out by a more experienced HAM....I need to know what a HAM is and how to be condicerate...

So are really some are throwing in the towel and selling them selves out...for bigger bucks...maybe the FCC or A.R.R.L. who knows.....do some think they have a bigger voice than some....It comes down to finger pointing really....and assumes the world has come to an end....you can e mail me personally...

gaules@comcast.net

I am willing to listen and respect your opinion....it goes both ways really...or those need to read"who moved my cheese"...you can google it....

THX DE KE7GGV...73

So please do not take out your actions out on us and blame us and make us feel guilty for no reason...and act responsible....that is all I ask is respect....we will respect you....thank you...

4. K7LRB

K7LRB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A “personal” and public apology: Mike, I apologize if I sounded like I was questioning your intelligence. Lack of spelling skills does not necessarily indicate a lack of intelligence. The point of my last few posts was simply as follows:

I presumed you would carefully analyze my first post with a microscope. The results were that you discovered (at least) three spelling errors;

A) “checkining”, an obvious misspelling/typo I figured you would catch. You DID!

B) “condtions”, I was not sure you would catch this one, it is soooo close and buried in a sentence/paragraph. BUT, you caught this one too!

C) “accommodate”, I was somewhat surprised you caught this one. It is probably the most common misspelling of that word. BUT, you caught that one too!!

The point is that you CAN, in fact DID, find spelling errors. The QUESTION is…. Why don’t you scrutinize/edit your own posts as carefully as you did mine?? Why would you not do that?

Mike, again I apologize if I offended you. I welcome you to ham radio and look forward to an “on air” QSO, CW or, if I can find a mic, phone. Also, please feel free to email me or call me on the landline. My info on QRZ is current. I am sure you are intelligent and I respect your ability to operate heavy equipment. You of all people would appreciate my stories of trying to learn how to operate such machinery. I may have been able to master it but I could not afford the replacement equipment and damaged property! [​IMG] I offer my hand in friendship and would be honored if you accept it.

To all: I apologize for bringing what should have been a personal exchange between Mike and me. My only motive was to point out that poor spelling and poor grammar are detrimental to our image, with which we have enough of a problem already. Moreover, IT IS EASILY FIXED! No, posts do not have to be letter perfect but should at least reflect that you care enough about what you are saying, and care enough about those who may read it, to make it sound “reasonably” intelligent

Ok, going to REAL ham radio now….. ON THE AIR!

73 to all,
    de Larry

5. AD4MG

AD4MG Banned QRZ Page

Speaking of self pride, and while you're on a roll, did you get to fixing the spelling error in your bio?

If you need help with that, there's no shame in asking. [​IMG]

Pot - Kettle - Black

BIG TIME !

6. KC8YXA

KC8YXA Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not?

7. kb7dsd

kb7dsd QRZ Member QRZ Page

You are the first one I have seen for years put this code/no code into perspective. And your words are true as far as I can tell. About the only thing seen on QRZ the last 2 or 3 years especially is fighting, division, instigating and rude hatefulness. Everything you claim the so called no code CBers are everyone on QRZ now is. This BB has become a killing field of lost expectations, shattered dreams and constant bullying and corruption. Who cares! Grow up! You ALL look like a bunch of 7th graders out behind the gymnasium throwing rocks at each other till someone gets a tooth knocked out and then you all run for home and pretend it wasn't you. All someone has to do is post the ARRL news letter or for that matter anything and off you all go. What am I missing here? If 1/10th of the energy wasted here was put into straightening out "ANY!" problems on any posting under any topic on QRZ.com then none of us would have anything to gripe about. Checkout anything posted on the BB and it's not long before the poster is set upon by the BB sharks. And we all know who they are. The same 5 or 6 stations that keep running everyone else off the site. Instigators! Why always the harsh words? No respect...no respect at all. The attitudes are everywhere and I'm glad I'm an old man. The nation I grew up in is falling apart and dying. And you young folks are tearing it up. I guess we should have beat your butts a little more when you were 4 yrs. old.

8. KC0WCM

KC0WCM Ham Member QRZ Page

I accept Larry

The only point I’m trying to make is, People shouldn't throw there hands up and say good it's a dead mode and should never be used again.
    when the bands are dead there's still a good chance that CW will give a few good contacts when you can't hear SSB. people that give it a shot will find it is a fun mode. When I’m 80 years old I would hope that there are still other ham's out there that will help keep the mode alive.

And as a further note I don't put up many posts and so far I’ve had a very low positive response to what is "my opinion"  therefore I'm a little disappointed as to how people handle there responses. I'm sorry I tried to have a discussion with people who do nothing more than scrutinize others posts.

73's  Happy DX'ing

This is my last post.

9. N7YA

N7YA Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool, i like this exchange. short and sweet. I actually saw a post on another thread that was literally as long as the newsline report itself, no kidding.

73...Adam, N7YA

10. N0EEC

N0EEC Ham Member QRZ Page

Well who knows if this new change brings 1000s of people into Ham Radio then maybe the prices will drop down like the CB radio did and you wont have to pay $10000 for a $500 radio..And we can all go to Wally World and buy one for less than a $100..Theres a bright side to this somewhere we just havent found it yet

11. N7YA

N7YA Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! how about "WE are tearing it up", old folks are ruining this country just as fast as young people...in fact, whats the ratio of young to old when it comes to those in power to make changes?
    I agree that we are in big trouble, but its also deeply seated greed and power, as well as lazy kids protected by lawyers who sue the parents for beating their butts, noones hands are clean here.

I wont argue with you that the nation was waaay different even in my own youth of the late 60's and 70's...but with any worthwhile change you must have turmoil. right now, we have the turmoil and its getting uglier. all i personally can do is be respectful to all whom i meet, be open minded to everyones side of the story whether i agree with it or not. and be man enough to admit when im wrong, regardless of the subject. and if im right? well, who cares if im right. I love ham radio, i basically like most people, i am definately concerned for my country like you are. But i always remind myself that one mans "good old days" was another mans hell on earth. the nations changing, i have little choice but to change with it if i want to continue living in the land of my birth....stagnate and die off like the Dodo, i cant do that, only thing that doesnt change with me is my sense of honor and principles, the rest is negotiable.

I say this with all due respect, unless we personally are making big plans to introduce to the country, lets try to be careful of who we throw stones at. This nation is OUR responsibilty, and we are failing as a whole, we certainly are not playing like a team, and a team divided never wins the game.

WE....WE are tearing it up.

73...Adam, N7YA

12. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

LEUTE-NOTWENDIGKEIT ZU LEBEN UND LIESS PHASEN

LEUTE-NOTWENDIGKEIT LIESS GEHEN

13. KL7GNW

KL7GNW Ham Member QRZ Page

It took me 6 1/2 years to learn the 5 wpm code in the mid 1960's. I finally got my ticket on 17 Jan 1969. Now I'm a General. My daughter (concert master violinist) learned the 5 wpm code in 30 minuites (and ticked me off because she made it look so easy) and got her tech + in 1994. She made exactually one contact on 2 meters to tell me she had been in a car wreck in 1995. It was worth "all" her work she told me later.
    de Pete KL7GNW

14. K0JK

K0JK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You are being the anal jerk. If you act stupid and immature then you will be called stupid. Who made you god and what puts you in any position to judge my character? I am glad that you have figured out how to look up callsigns. I guess that is why you and only you should be able to operate on HF. I am sorry that you are a self obsessed jerk, but don't take it out on me.

15. K0JK

K0JK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yadda yadda yadda, and there you go talking yourself up again, but you forget that you are not the only person that can read a book. Get off of your high horse and stop being a horses rear-end. I don't care what you have accomplished because all you have shown me is that you are selfish and well sometimes stupid. If you stop being stupid about the subject matter at hand then maybe people might not think that you are stupid. Now go read a book on how to be a better person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.