The Antenna Farm is back up and doing business again !!!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W1PPP, Oct 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W1PPP

W1PPP Ham Member QRZ Page

Given my choices, if prices are close, I always rather give my biz to the smaller shops, as I worked in that type of business model my entire career. Last week I got to finally buy some stuff from The Antenna Farm. His website said the biz was closed while the owners dealt with some medical problems. Sounds like it was that way for a while before I started searching for my gear. Anyways, as of last week-ish the Open sign was turned back on and they are back up and running! I placed my first order with the middle-end of last week and got it today via the mailman. He had the best price, even after I paid for the basic shipping charge. I got a Diamond X6000A and Diamond N-Triplexer which must have been on the shelf to get here this fast! That surprised me because a few of the big boys weren't stocking one or maybe either of those in their stores.

Next when the checkbook fills back up, more coax !!!

Thought you guys might wanna now they are back up and flying!

KK5JY likes this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W1PPP likes this.
  3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good news, I've purchased a few things from them and always received them very promptly. I like to support smaller outfits as well when I can, plus they are located in a place very close to where some family lives so it supports their local economy.

W1PPP likes this.
  4. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the recommendation--they'll be on my short list of vendors.

W1PPP likes this.
  5. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome news. I've bought from them many times, and John is terrific. Glad he's back.

W1PPP likes this.
  6. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

glad to hear they're back. good service and excellent prices.

W1PPP likes this.
  7. W1PPP

W1PPP Ham Member QRZ Page

8. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just noticed that The Antenna Farm contact address has changed from Emigrant, MT to a remote place near Rexford, MT. I'm not sure what this means, if anything.

9. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've crossed the USA/Canadian border at the Roosville port of entry, just north of Rexford and Eureka, MT.
    It's just north of Whitefish, MT and some of great skiing. It truly is a beautiful part of the world. :)

10. W0ASK

W0ASK Ham Member QRZ Page

Possibly closed...again?

Last night I placed an online order for hardline cable. I received confirmation of the sale, and this morning around 11 I received an email notifying me that my payment had been refunded. There was no explanation, no reply to my email inquiry, and the phone message advised me to send an email, and not leave a voicemail. Doing some additional online research, John went out of business due to health back in 2017, seemed to have a resurgence, and then the reviews have continued on a downward spiral with comments of items ordered, but not received, and lack of response. If they are out of business, the site should really be shut down.