ad: InnoElect-1

The Amateurs Code

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Jan 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

In the context of the argument, sure there are balanced hams. I put my family first always have and always will. I have missed working rare DX because my grandson wanted me to play with him and because my wife called me asking for my help with something. They are important to me, ham radio is not. But then, I would give up everything for them if i had to.

W3SY likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

MFJ, DXE and others sell solutions for that - all the way to 49:1 :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

WQ4G, K0DOM and WA9SVD like this.
  3. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

My bubble is in the middle so I consider myself well balanced

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, it has not. Sorry. ;)

N4NYK, KA4DPO, VK4HAT and 1 other person like this.
  5. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

They don't care if you don't care. The squeaky wheel gets the grease... Are you squeaking?

WQ4G

KA4DPO likes this.
  6. VK4HAT

Yep, some of us still think it matters.

N4NYK, W4NNF, KA4DPO and 1 other person like this.
  7. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have, made recordings, noted the dates and times of the transmissions, and sent the whole thing to Laura at the FCC. Got a nice thank you email, and We'll look into it. That was in 2019. Trust me, they don't care.

K8PG likes this.
  8. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Keep squeaking... Try to get others to 'squeak' too. The more the merrier. Call or email the FCC and ask them about the status of your complaint. Keep sending the recordings and/or make additional complaints.

Don't expect immediate results. Some times it takes the FCC a year or more to respond. But, if enough people start complaining, and keep complaining, they will eventually respond. They do care but, due to budgetary restraints, their work is prioritized with public safety issues at the top of the list.

Dan WQ4G

KA4DPO likes this.
  9. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought so too Dan, but when the preponderance of the work has been done for them by amateurs, it is pretty inexpensive for them to pinpoint the locations with equipment they already have, and people who are already on the payroll. The part where they have to spend money, is they have to assign the case to someone in the enforcement bureau to litigate. The legal aspect is what costs money, the technical part is pretty simple.

I'm not sure how public safety factors into the equation, most public safety systems are trunked, or encrypted, and interfering with them would be pretty difficult. Also, if you read the FCC actions, there really are not very many NAL's or Forfeiture Orders, none involving public safety, being generated for public safety. Most are for non-compliance by telecoms, and broadcasters, and not many of those either.

10. VK4HAT

When you think about most of the complaints by hams, it usually revolves around some group being objectionable rather than criminal, or minor infractions rather than harmful interference. The problem here is that to many hams want the ACMA to police personalities and disagreements, rather than what the actually do and thats harmful interference. Tuning up on someone or calling someone a fwit on the HAMS is not harmful interference, its objectionable, but that is the kind of bed wetting stuff most hams complain about, rather than when your neighbors meth lab wipes out all of HF, harmful interference.

Which leads me back to my OP, the amateur code can be distilled down to don't be a douche, just worry about yourself and your own actions and try and be a good person. Trying to use the authorities to get someone you do not like off the HAMS is gutless and weak, grow a set and man up and move on.

KA4DPO and WZ7U like this.