The Amateur Radio Parity Act - Could become reality...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Aug 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have any communal agreements on road maintenance, trash, easements, water rights, and so on?

If so, those agreements will have to consider your antennas, as they almost always have "and other matters as they arise" wording.

Federal law will obligate them to include a new "matters as they arise": your antennas.

If passed, the "matter will arise"; your communal partners can sit on your request, or just reduce it to a 440MHz whip as approval.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, they disagree.

3. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I suspect that is quite likely. That still doesn't solve my problem of my dues being used to destroy the rights of my friends.

KG7VTO likes this.
  4. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

No.

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Lucky!!!

Knock urself out, OM!:)

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone passed along an interesting point--that the reason for this urgency from the ARRL is timed to attempt passage while SENATOR NELSON is not present (vacation?)

Anyone know the relevant facts on the Senator?

7. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Chip,

I'll make you a Counter Offer:

All of YOUR radio transceivers and test gear, minus the towers and amps (because who needs them) for fifty bucks, on the day it passes. And since I am doing you such a favour, you pay the freight: Since the Parity Act will end Ham Radio by your accord, that's more than fair, eh?

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, no.

You are so silly...

I maintain a rolling inventory of gear for foreign hams and foreign dxpeditions. If passage goes through, I will quickly try to get a tax right off on some gear by donation to universities, and keep some for foreign operations. Including my own.

I suspect the 'tubing' of HF gear will happen over a 1 year period from passage (IF passed with this wording), and after the outcome of the first civil case in court.

Your FT450D would be used for DXpditions. $50 still awaits!

I don't have a TOWER. Go do your homework. And not a chance in hell I would give you any of my proprietary fractal antennas. You are too ignorant of facts, IMO.

Why would I give you the 4 Copper Mountain VNA's? You don't have the slightest clue what they are...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  9. WD8NPL

WD8NPL Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed this is a bad bill and was only done in haste to demonstrate the League trying to do something.

Steve, WD8NPL

N0EKO, KI7IZU and KK5JY like this.
  10. N4UF

N4UF Ham Member QRZ Page

Nelson wielded his power to stop the bill last year because unanimous consent was required to consider it in the Senate. Unanimous consent was required because the end of the session was approaching.

Depending on the parliamentary path used this year, he may have considerably less power to derail.