ad: elecraft

The Amateur Radio Parity Act - Could become reality...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Aug 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AF7TS

AF7TS Ham Member QRZ Page

Why would a health care law have credit card reporting requirements in it?

Things get thrown into laws all the time, usually because some lobbyist suggests it.

Perhaps as part of the 'give and take' to get the desired subsection (a) in, someone from the 'other side' suggested subsection (b).

Tell me where _in the law as written_ subsection (b) does not stand as a requirement on its own.

The fact that you don't like it, and I don't like it, and that it doesn't make sense is _irrelevant_. Point to the words in the law as written. You keep pointing to subsection (a). Now point to the wording elsewhere in the law that limits where subsection (b) applies.

Again, if the three 'doors' in subection (a) were meant to apply to subsection (b) then those same 'doors' would be repeated in subsection (b), or the 'additional requirements' would be in subsection (a).

Jon
    AF7TS

KK5JY likes this.
  3. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know, but the Amateur Radio Parity Act pertains to:

There's nothing written about any credit card reporting requirements in it.

4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

This iteration of the Act is dead. You are arguing over what color toe tag to attach.

5. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Do you mean section 2? Look carefully at the end of subsection 2 where the word "OR" is. By strict interpretation, allowing one to have a 2 meter whip is all that an HOA needs to provide. That satisfies section 3 just fine.

.............Bob

6. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Nevermind. I now see the section B you are referring to. My bad.